Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 102   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99/5   IBU: 23   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A great fruit beer. The blueberry flavor is a perfect marriage of ingredients. Light and refreshing, this beer is great all by itself or blended with another. Try a Black and Blue which is a mix of Stout and Bluebeery Ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
biggcb (464) - Harleysville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 30, 2006
Bottle. Pours a very cloudy & transparent yellowy color. Aroma is very yeasty, with a moderate amount of blueberry. The taste is basically yeasty water and a trace amount of blueberry on the back end. A little more blueberry comes through as the beer breaths, but still not much to speak off.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
GG (2332) - NorCal, California, USA - MAY 22, 2006
This beer really, really suprised me. I had have a few Marin Brew products and have always thought highly of them. I tried today the Raspberry ale and I really wasnít impress with it at all, so I had some trepidation with trying this. Quite simply, this is one of the easiest to drink fruit beers Iíve ever had. The aroma of this beer is straight out of the cereal box that has the dehydrated blueberries in it. Blueberries, blueberries and more blueberries. Appearance is VERY light in color, almost a yellow-golden hue. This beer pours a HUGE head so be careful. Mouthfeel was lively and carbonated. Flavor was blueberry, but in a way that didnít smack you upside the head. Very well done, so I guess my vote goes for the blueberry ale as my favorite from their two.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
grant (842) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - APR 2, 2006
Hazy yellow with hints of orange. Not sure what the "artificial color" is here? Definitely lots of blueberry in the aroma - it smells like fully ripened - maybe overripe - and sweetened ones, rather than newer, more tart ones. Very slight maltiness (honey) along with a smattering of wheatiness. Flavor starts out sweet, explodes with some blueberry about 1/3 of the way through, meets an odd juxtaposition with some lime, and then quickly dries out and becomes stemmy. Leaves a trace of dough in the mouth. Pretty good, really. A bit too sweet for my tastes, but itís done pretty well.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - MAR 13, 2006
This tastes like BooBerry cereal. Fruit explodes out of the glass, and is very light and not very artifical as far most of the beers in this style are. Taste very light clean and fresh. Somewhat sweet and tart, but overall very well done.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Snojerk321 (2960) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 6, 2006
This a beer that would go very well with pancaked in the moring. I had this beer at night and it was a bit much. I could only drink 1, any more and I would have had to use it as syrup.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
hayduke (4123) - Eureka, California, USA - FEB 4, 2006
22 oz bottle. Poured rich yellow with nice, long-lasting white head. Yep, blueberries are what greet your nose, but with some citrus is there too. In fact after the first taste, it the the citrus that dominates. Strong carbonation makes it a bit fizzy. Reminds me a lot of Lost Coast Great White, which is half the price here in Eureka. So while this is a decent beer, as time goes on I find myself looking more and more at quality versus cost. Maybe it was just too dark in the room, but I completely missed that this was BlueBEERY, instead of BlueBerry until I brought up this page to post my rating. Cute.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
DarkElf (3050) - La Jolla, California, USA - OCT 24, 2005
(22 oz bottle: $3.49 at Hi-Time Wine Cellars in Costa Mesa, CA) I donít often pop the cap on a beer and have it work like a can of air freshener, but I could quickly smell the aroma of fresh tart blueberries from a few feet away, and once poured in the glass, tart blueberries completely dominates the nose of this beer. Tasting this beer, it is fairly tart with an authentic and strong blueberry flavor, nothing artificial tasting here. Actually, it tastes like eating a bowl of tart blueberries with lemon drizzled over it. And really, the fact that this fruit beer is totally tart and not sweet at all is what makes this a pretty decent American fruit beer in my opinion. The beer finishes a bit weak, with lemon citrus sticking around longer than the blueberry flavor. Thereís really no maltiness and not hops or bitterness in this beer, and I greatly approve of this. Very carbonated mouthfeel teams up with the tartness to make for a light bodied, clean and refreshing beer. Pale straw and slightly hazy in appearance, with no tinting from the fruit. With the usual strong carbonation levels of Marin bottles, the snow white head is very perky and tall, despite performing the most careful pour of which Iím capable. The head never fades below a quarter-inch in height, and leaves a few clumps of foam on the glass. This isnít the kind of beer Iíd drink often, but once every few years, I grab a bottle of this and enjoy the hell out of it. But then again, I also really love blueberries.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
FoolishMortal (990) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 8, 2005
22oz bottle. Pale golden color with a small white head. Pungent blueberry concetrate smell. Muted malt flavors, with a large sweet blueberry component. Some graininess and residual tart and chemical taste in the finish. Mouthfeel is light medium with a cloying stickiness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
bb (7754) - Alamo, California, USA - OCT 4, 2005
Bottle. Pale golden straw colored with white head. Fruity/malty aroma. Malty flavor backed by some fruitiness. Wouldnít be able to tell it was blueberry, but there is some tartness. Medium bodies and thirst quenching.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BrewDad (5120) - Olympia, Washington, USA - SEP 27, 2005
This was a great blueberry beer. I have for years tried to make one and can not get the flavor. They did it. The blueberry was there it had a great flavor I loved it. The beer had a great fresh flavor the overall brewing was flawless. Great Job Guys!!!!