RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.93   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Glouglouburp (6022) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 18, 2013
In short: A basic sweet fruity dark Belgian ale that lacked ‘oomph’.
How: Growler shared at post-HF Harvest 2012 party. Unknown generous soul told me it was a Quad, 4 Stroke is the only Marshall Wharf Abt I found, I’m assuming this is the beer.
The look: Cloudy bronze body topped by a small beige persistent small beige head.
In long: Nose is a bit phenolic, fruity malt sweetness evoking dried figs, dates and jelly beans. Taste has a fruity sweetness reminiscent of a very crusty raisin pie, fig cookies, toffee candies, some undesired paper notes. Smooth carbonation. Rather sweet and somewhat boozy. Nothing special here, actually this beer tasted a bit ‘tired’ although it was certainly fresh since it was a growler shared by a Maine local. I don’t even know who shared that growler, all I know is it was late and I was very drunk and very hungry, I was more vulgar than a horse and I could have eaten a drunk sailor and I was confusing my metaphors.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
porterhouse (1581) - Boothbay, Maine, USA - JUL 15, 2012
(Draft @ ME Brewers’ Guild Fest) Hazy brown body. Nose of fruit, caramel, spice and booze. Flavor matches the aroma, plus chocolate. Bitter finish.