overall
Bocholt, Belgium

RATINGS: 31   MEAN: 1.43/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.65   ABV: -

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Lizabeth (360) - east falmouth, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 31, 2005
Bottle. Clear light gold with a soapy white head that diminishes fast, and decent carbonation. Nose: wheat bread, pepper, coriander and a touch of grassy hops. Taste: very light caramel malts and even lighter grassy/floral hops. Still it is the best low carbohydrate beer I’ve had.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
JKnox49 (1) - USA - MAY 26, 2005 does not count
I was apprehensive as this is low-carb beer, but it being 2.99/six pack I gave it a whirl. Ifind it very good especially good especially for being low-carb.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
darkerdabetter (255) - Michigan, USA - MAY 5, 2005
I have to give it some credit. It’s one of the better low-carb beers out there. Not sure why people were expecting a fulfilling, full body beer. It is diet beer for goodness sake. It does slightly resemble a belgium beer, just very much on the light side (big suprise).

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
ClarkVV (3892) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 31, 2005
UPDATED: APR 4, 2005 2004 bottle. Nose is flowery, light sugars, spring water...... Roman baths..... Color is remarkably clear, with a slight hint of light, light, light peach. Small head, rapidly dissipating. True to style, it’s got that weird, low-carb sugar flavor to it, what is that flavor??? Highly filtered, there’s not much to this, but perhaps some yeast, or maybe I’m imagining that? Very simple but inoffensive, to me...... Extra-light bodied.......... good water substitute. . .

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - MAR 28, 2005
Thanks to Aubrey for giving me a bottle, he’s always watching out for my health. No head, clear and fizzy yellow. Taste is corny with some hints of hopping. Metallic too. I guess not every Beligian beer can be a winner.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Aubrey (3431) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAR 21, 2005
Pale yellow. Thin, patchy head. Fizzy and very watery. Light body, but it was curiously filling, and after just one beer I felt bloated. Bottle cap was the first thing I tasted. It was followed by a yeasty-doughy flavor/aroma. Small element of wet rag. Very mild bitterness brought on by bland, one-dimensional hops. In this case, I think I’d prefer a totally flavorless low-carb beer to this one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - FEB 28, 2005
12/24/03 is it still good...we’ll find out.Nice pale golden color,small white head that faded quickly leaving little behind.The aroma was some what fruity and a bit on the lightly malty with just a hint of hops in there as well.Falvored water is what i say.Light malt and fruit at best with just a faint smattering of hops in the end.Nothing special but it’s better then some of the macro’s out there.Lawnmower brew all the way.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
szkot (100) - Minnesota, USA - FEB 9, 2005
A pale yellow fizzy beer if there ever was one. Pours a light yellow with a small white head. Doesn’t taste like much. Rather dry, small presence in the mouth. Feels thin. Won’t be drinking this one again.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - DEC 30, 2004
Musty Cardboard Aroma...Sweet. Like Eating Cardboard..Dry and Tasteless. Why Does Diet Beer Equate to NO TASTE?!

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Crosling (1863) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - NOV 20, 2004
The color of pear juice, assuming pear juice is made. The head is skinned and is barely alive. Aroma of clean pale grains, noble, skunky hops, wet carpet, corn oil and cleaning supplies. Well, it doesn’t taste quite as awful as I was expecting. it has a very subtle but pleasant malt body and absolutely no hop bitterness. Not offensive at all. If I needed to go on a low carbohydrate diet I would drink this, wait no I wouldn’t. I would exercise and stop eating potato chips.