RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 1.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.26   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Maryland's Best is brewed using the choicest malted barley, expensive Styrian hops from Czechoslovakia and a special brewers' yeast. A slow, cold-aging process results in a clean, well-balanced, smooth-tasting lager. This refreshing lager compliments (sic) the flavor of a wide variety of foods; from fried chicken, catfish and pizza to gumbo, Chinese food and especially Maryland crabs!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
coldbrewky (1423) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - OCT 9, 2012
Yeah aint it just typical that Sloth/slob gave me this dusty old can from his basement silo of a beer warehouse and said to me..."Yeah well you didnít drink it when you were here last time" (ten years prior). So here it goes. Can cracks open with a distinct Pfttt! The best buy date is August 7, 1997. So at least the can and carbonation were successful. Nose of sweet lollipop/ cotton candy. Pours a semi glowing golden in the glass. It would be perfect if not for the large grey chunks of whoknowswhat floating about in patrol boat like precision. The finger taste revealed a sweet sugary smelling vinegaresque type of undrinkable liquid. A testament to canning.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
CanIHave4Beers (3280) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - JUN 21, 2012
Enormous thanks to Sloth who sent me this rare gem simply because it was on my wants list. What a freakiní great guy.

Pours a nice golden color with a very small head that pretty well goes away after a minute.

The aroma is malty, sweet, tinny, and cidery. Some mild alcohol is present but it seems natural in the mix.

The flavor is doughy and sweet. The beer has a distinct cidery character, itís lightly spicy, relatively clean, and totally weird.
Thereís no doubt Iím giving it points for originality here, Iíve never tasted a pale lager like this one, nothing is even close. What a strange strange beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Oakes (12612) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 10, 2006
Cheers to slob for sending this fine ancient can of old school swill my way. I love it! Cloudy dull beige colour. Smells like an aged macrobrew, mixing overly heavy (slightly sherryish) bread notes with medicinal phenols and rotting pork. The taste, surprisingly, isnít bad. Thereís some light oxidized notes and vague cough syrup phenols but mainly just clean pale malts, the faintest hop. Itís almost gained a certain freshness, a second wind if you will. Seriously, this is actually drinkable.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JAN 29, 2003
I found this beer at a local liquor store not long ago. Since I am from Maryland I thought it would be something neat to try. I bought a six pack and it was about $2.00. The can is very interesting. It has a list of foods that go well with this beer. And the can also has a map of Maryland on it, but the map is wrong. The map also includes part of Virginia. This should have warned me not to buy it. But it's said Maryland's Best on the can. I had to try it. Eventhough it's brewed in Milwaukee. When I got home I poured one in a glass. It was very light and had almost no head. It smelled like chemicals, and it tasted like it was made from an old bale of hay. It was the worst beer I ever had. I managed to suck the one beer down but it was hard. I gave the other five away to this Belgian guy that I know. He loved them. But he also thinks Budweiser is wonderful.