Mason Manor Mead Traditional

click to upload

Brewed by Mason Manor
Style: Mead
Langley, Canada

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.74/5   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
volvomom (1) - Port Alberni, British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 29, 2013 does not count
Ive brewed my own meads in past and when I first tried this product I seriously wondered if the bottles hadn’t been washed and rinsed correctly . The aroma was very off putting and my fist sip made me think of dish soap . extremely disappointed.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
fiulijn (16931) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 14, 2012
Bottle at Burgoo on 10th Ave W, Vancouver
Pale blond color. Strange aroma, some glue, light acid and light bread. Semi-sweet mouthfeel in the front, getting drier later; again, it has a strange breadish flavor, probably the yeast; followed by some more typical mead flavor, and a quite evident lemony acidity.
I’m happy that this is a new business, but in my opinion there is still way to go; starting with a different yeast and maybe different fermentation temperature.