overall

RATINGS: 119   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.07   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cletus (6329) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 6, 2009
Pours yellow and fizzy. Smells and tastes like apples and sweet malt. Not bad for what it is.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
plumpers (1) - Fayetteville, New York, USA - OCT 19, 2008 does not count
I love this beer. I used to deliver it in my college days. It’s always fresh here in central New York. It has a distinctive flavor and makes no apologies. Wish they hadn’t dropped the rice from the recipe

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
Headbanger (2938) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - AUG 8, 2008
12oz bottle-Clear golden body with a small covering for a head. Aroma of corn and straw. Taste of corn and nothing with the corn taste remaining on the back end. This light bodied brew is pretty uneventful. I’ve had worse.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
shawn14505 (39) - Rochester, New York, USA - JUL 12, 2008
UPDATED: DEC 16, 2009 Not quite offensive. My buddy picked me up a 12 pack when he returned from Utica, NY. Watery, adjunct filled alcohol delivery system. Better than coors or bud or miller though. Drinkable.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
matt7215 (2109) - Cambridge, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 24, 2008
12 oz can. a sixer of this showed up at my local LCBO in a case of Yankee Jim Lager. my buddy beerguyryan saved a can for me but the rest were "destoyed" at the store level. pours gold with a nice white head. corny stale aromas. flavours are watery and filled with adjucts. watery mouthfeel. nothing really offensive in this one but then again there is almost nothing there. thanks for the freebie ryan!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
durhambeer (2500) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - JUN 18, 2008
UPDATED: JUN 19, 2008 Bottle. Great label that feels like a throwback. This beer belongs among the esteemed company of Schlitz, Stroh’s, Olympia, and Old Style... all keeping it old school. I have to give it some points for that. Can’t say that this beer has much flavor, but it seemed much less offensive to me than most of the cheap pale lagers out there. I dunno... I guess I just don’t have the heart to say bad things about it. If not flavorful, at least it’s refreshing on a summer night.

1.4
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
davidCC (130) - New York, USA - MAY 22, 2008
A local bar in ny has this on tap for real cheap...and as cheap as it is its almost not even worth it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Leighton (9830) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - APR 27, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 13, 2013 The Utica Club has a special membership base. If you are a member, then I don’t need to say anymore. For those who aren’t, read on. UC is a tasty brew. A light lager with a decent head and a flavor best described as...deece. As some other raters have written, The UC hearkens back to a bygone era, the era of our fathers and their fathers. A true poet put it thusly, "a Saturday afternoon lawn-mowing beer." Beautiful. But because it will be a while before my generation reaches our Salad Years, my friends and I simply slam the Golden Nectar any chance we get. It’s our way of connecting to the past and preparing for the future. Drink up. Join the Club.

Can shared at Bruce’s in London. Yep, wonderful as always. Crisp, fairly bready, crisp straw. Light in body with fine carbonation. Clean finish, bright straw, some dry dough. Well done.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
uticaclub (1) - USA - FEB 14, 2008 does not count
This is a beer like the beer your parents and grandparents drank before America decided that yellow beer should also be tasteless.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
ABUSEDGOAT (2277) - California, USA - JAN 3, 2008
Clear golden with a moderate head, actually some lacing and retention. Absolutely no aroma. Not a light aroma, not a bland aroma: no aroma. Light body, sourish grain flavor, moderate carbonation. Luckily, there is some evidence of pale malts as well. Overall, who cares, I paid $1 for a sour can of water.