Maui Brewing Black Powder

Maui Brewing Black Powder
     click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 4.03/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17   ABV: -

TimE (3186) - Tokyo, JAPAN - DEC 13, 2009
Had sitting beside Capa, after we both went to December to Remember Party. Capa remembers more than me. I just remember it being drier and not as citrusy as some other Black IPAs and extremely balanced. I know we both loved this beer top notch stuff and as Capa said, I am glad we got to try this rare beer at Bull.

Capa (2029) - Manama, BAHRAIN - DEC 12, 2009
Dark brown in color with a tan head. Massive hop aroma. Pine, grapefruit, some floral notes, and mild roasted malts. Flavor has intense hop flavor. Loads of grapefruit, pine, and bitter floral notes. Also has enough toasted and burnt malts to really make this one dry. FInish is bitter and dry. I’m very happy to have been able to get a pint or two of this in Tokyo. (Draft at Bulldog, Tokyo)

Snojerk321 (2960) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 6, 2009
Tap at the brewery. Pours a deep coffee brown with a good sized beige head. Tons of pine and floral hops on the nose, burnt malts in there as well. Flavor holds great hop bitterness with enough toasted malt to keep things balanced. I think this is my favorite beer from this brewery.