RATINGS: 1178   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.69   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our Coconut Porter is a classic robust porter spiced with all natural toasted coconut. It is black in color and crowned with a creamy, dark tan head. It begins with a malty-toasted-coconut aroma followed by a rich, silky mouthfeel with tastes of dark malt, chocolate, and hints of coffee. It then finishes with flavors of toasted coconut and hoppy spice to balance the finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
alexanderj (3426) - Branson, Missouri, USA - OCT 15, 2008
Can; poured an extremely dark brown/black with a small, light brown head. Just a really fantastic aroma. Familiar roasted malt and caramel elements; but the toasted coconut really adds some nice dimensions. Coconut, fruit and nuts. Some hints of vanilla. Flavor wasn’t as quite dynamic, but it was still really good. Roasted malt with some coconut-fruitiness. Both rich and quaffable for the style. Very good for the style, and the aroma is elite.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
otakuden (1783) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 13, 2008
I have never been to the islands of Hawaii, though I would most certainly like to. Sooner than later if I can help it. In the meantime though, I shall continue to live vicariously through various brews I can get from the diverse and sunny islands. Maui in particular harbors a unique and excellent craft brewery by the original name or Maui Brewing. Simple is best, and Maui Brewing makes craft brewing, an art form, seem simple. They also further support my theory that Good beer does come in a can. No longer do we need to fear the canned beer. Instead, she is to be lovingly embraced, tenderly caressed, and reverently savored.
A dark brown-black body with a thick head of cappuccino tinged foam immediately fills my glass. Hints of amber peek through where the light meets the edges of the glass and the brew. The head slowly settles into a light layer on top of the awaiting brew. Immediately I am seduced by rich milk chocolate, warm cream, and toasted coconut. As my nose soaks in the aroma, my mouth starts to water in anticipation. My first quaff and I immediately crave an almond joy. A full and slightly sticky sweet body which clings to my mouth just enough. In the meantime, I am enjoying the orgy of flavors in my mouth: rich milk chocolate, hints of dark chocolate, warm cream, and rich toasted coconut. I am wholly seduced and there cannot be any treat more delectable than the Maui Brewing CoCoNut Porter. Each quaff leaves minute trails of brussels lace and an unquenchable thirst for more. Only a minor hint of bitterness in its finish from the roasted malts. Not one to leave my mouth parched for long, I savor another quaff as my glass empties.
While I enjoyed every single aroma and sip of my can of Maui Brewing CoCoNut Porter, it was sadly the only can I had. Currently only available in America in California, I must now embark on a holy beer mission to acquire at least a 6 pack, and if the beer gods and goddesses should smile on me, a case of the best porter I have quaffed to date.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
yobdoog (1888) - Kingston, New York, USA - OCT 12, 2008
Great can. Very dark and has a good amount of bitterness. I really have to dig to get a toasted coconut taste but overall it is a very good porter. Rich and smooth. Coffee and dark chocolate.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
unclemattie (4358) - Georgia, USA - OCT 11, 2008
12oz bottle. medium - dark brown. no head. aroma of roasted barley and even some toasted coconut. Big chocolate, some coconut, lots of roast. Not what I was expecting, still one of the best Porters made.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ATLBeerDog (280) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - OCT 11, 2008
From a 12oz can - Pours a dark brownish/black. Below average carbonation, no lacing whatsoever. Smells of strong coffee and chocolate. First sip is all dark chocolate and coffee with just a little coconut notes shinning through. A nice hoppy presence all make it work. Great bitter dark chocolate finish. A very fine beer from our 50th state!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BarryBadranath (7) - , California, USA - OCT 10, 2008 does not count
very delicious beer , can taste the coconut and coffee , very spiced , very balanced... 9.00 for a 4 pack , kinda pricey , but hey its from hawaii

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Gez (44) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 9, 2008
Dark blackish-brown in color with a thick dark tan head. Smells like chocolate, coconut, coffee, and vanilla. Tastes exactly like it smells with a milky aftertaste. Has a very soft texture, smooth and easy to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
emacgee (4422) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - OCT 9, 2008
Thanks Brent. Pours a dark brown with a two finger creamy tan head. The nose is coffee, bitter chocolate, malty, sweet, light toasted coconut, . The flavor is nice and chocoatey, coffee shows through, some toasted coconut, a nice hop waxyness comes through. Nice balance. Oh man, i just saw that the deScription says "toasted coconut" oh well. Very enjoyable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
thickfreakness (132) - AUSTIN, Texas, USA - OCT 6, 2008
From 5/29/08. Pours a nice dark brown with cola colored head. Smells of roasted malts and slight bit of toasted coconut. Similar to a Mounds bar. Even more so like a Mounds bar with more roastiness added in. A little thin mouthfeel for me. A little sweet and I couldn’t have too many but this is a nice beer .

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
steview (1036) - Petaluma, California, USA - OCT 4, 2008
wow--coconut porter: well-layered chocolate, coffee, and coconut; bittersweet, somewhat twangy, and creamy; great.