overall

RATINGS: 1109   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.68   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our Coconut Porter is a classic robust porter spiced with all natural toasted coconut. It is black in color and crowned with a creamy, dark tan head. It begins with a malty-toasted-coconut aroma followed by a rich, silky mouthfeel with tastes of dark malt, chocolate, and hints of coffee. It then finishes with flavors of toasted coconut and hoppy spice to balance the finish.

Icommonsewer (124) - TUCSON, Arizona, USA - SEP 15, 2009
Of all the beers in the world that I have tased, I have never before given one a perfect score. This brew has made me a believer... and IT’S FROM A CAN!?!? The most satisfying, balanced, rich and flavorful beer in the world (so far). Obviously, one should be a Porter fan to fully appreciate this brew. If you’re a Belgian or Lager fan, dont waste your time, this is not for you.

Hirotoma (471) - Bologna, ITALY - JUN 29, 2012
Porter divina, 0 parole per descriverla...

Bluegoosed (36) - - JUL 6, 2014
One of my favorite beer of all time. Really nice coffee, chocolate, and caramel flavors. Finishes with a somewhat sweet touch of coconut but not over the top sweetness. Really nice by can but tremendous by tap in Maui.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Canuckale (8) - Alabama, CANADA - OCT 29, 2010 does not count
Excellent aroma and awesome coconut flavor. I am not a huge porter fan, but this one is excellent. Lovin the beer in cans.....the way it should be.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
HopsIPAndDrunk (43) - Oklahoma, USA - APR 27, 2011
Toasty malt aroma coupled with chocolate and coffee notes. Alcohol is also strongly picked up. Brown/Black in color.... much like the oil in my truck. Head is frothy and tan, settling fairly quickly after poured. Taste is a well-balanced bittersweet. As the glass empties, I pick up on the advertised coconut more and more. Proves to be medium-bodied porter with an oily texture. Carbonation is soft. The finish is where this brew really makes its money... The most unique finish I have ever experienced in a porter. Long and bitter with a peculiar "freshness" that is hard to describe. Might be the water they use to brew with over there in Hawaii... don’t know. Never been there. But I like it. This is a top-notch porter that I’ll probably want whenever I see it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
alalvarez75 (57) - New York, USA - APR 26, 2012
Roasty and slightly sweet. Perfect carbonation and mouthfeel. Not much coconut there which is not an issue from me. Just enough to give it that tiny bit of sweetness. I really love this beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
eljefebrewing (7) - - AUG 4, 2013 does not count
This beer is so good on tap! Even though they have 16 taps available at Yeasty Beasty here in little ol’ Monmouth, I got stuck on this one for several visits in a row. I usually try to get something different each time, but this is too good, and I know it won’t last forever! I don’t pick up a lot of the toasted coconut in the aroma, but it does lend some nuttiness in the finish. What I do get is lots of chocolate/cocoa and vanilla flavor in a wonderfully creamy beer. It sort of reminds me of Nestlé Quik chocolate milk mix. Very delicious!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
fiver29 (1035) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - MAY 26, 2008
Can pours a dark brown color with off white head. The aromas from this brew are sweet roasted cocount and chocolate. The taste follows the aroma and does not disappoint. This brew is amazing. From the choclate fudge coconut flavors to the medium mouthfeel to the smells is gives off as I drink it. I love it! I need more of this stuff. Yeah!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
SPDickerman (940) - Texas, USA - APR 27, 2011
UPDATED: MAY 12, 2011 Pours black, almost no light shining through at the bottom, with a large, fluffy tan head. Smells strongly of coconut, chocolate, and coffee and a very faint hint of alcohol. Tastes like chocolate and coffee at first that lasts throughout and also develops a smooth toasted coconut flavor on the back end; hints of bitterness are present throughout as well. On the lighter side of medium-bodied with a smooth texture and very soft mouth-carbonation, Maui Brewing CoCoNut PorTer finishes like bitter cocoa powder.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
AWMiller (512) - Mansfield, Texas, USA - SEP 22, 2011
Now this is one excellent porter!! This brew poured up a jet black body sporting a foamy, creamy, tan-colored head with amazing retention and lacing effects on the glass. Aromas of kona coffee and roasted coconut. Flavors of the same along with sweet malts; the flavors are so well balanced you won’t even know you’re drinking a brew! Medium-bodied, rich and creamy, smooth clean finish with only a slight bitter hit on the finish.