Max Reserve Lager
     click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   ABV: -
Reserve Lager has a rich, malty flavor and generous additions of the best Hallertau German hops money can buy. The color is deep golden and the aroma is reminiscent of malt and flowers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Blairgus (3573) - California, USA - NOV 20, 2015
20 nob 2015, tap at Max Lagers. Yellow, clear, no bubbles. Nose is skunky/resin hops. Med/thin body and mildly fizzy. Pine hops and dry bitter. Okay.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Hoss (607) - Florida, USA - APR 29, 2004
i enjoyed this brew it fills a very nice niche. I found it balanced without a hop bite. It would be great on a hot day.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
aracauna (3318) - Georgia, USA - MAY 10, 2003
I was really disapointed when I realized that Max Lager's was only bringing Max Pale (an only ok APA) and a lager to the Classic City Brew Fest. I should have known better. Quite frankly, this is probably the best pale lager I've ever had. The malt is strong enough to taste (tiniest hints of caramel) but not heavy. There is very low hop bitterness, but as I've said in other reviews, unless it's Saaz or the other hops common in Pilsners, I find strong hopping in a lager off-putting. This is an excellent and well-crafted lager.