Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 9   MEAN: 3.38/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24   IBU: 55   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A true marriage of Belgian Wit Style and the NW IPA. This beer is light in color and in body. It has aromas of lemons, tangerines, and spices.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
lightbias (312) - USA - JUL 24, 2015
Iíve seen the bottles, but havenít heard much about Mazama Brewing. I finally found some bottles on a birthday trip to the #bigcity and bought two styles.This Belgian Wit/IPA is a difficult combination to pull off as the two styles are, in my opinion, so contradictory. I guess weíll see. -- The pour is a very lively, lemonade hue with an enthusiastic head, but wet and thin. The linen white foam is insignificant in a few minutes, but clings in haphazard patches above the surface, sinking slowly back into the beer as I watch. -- The aroma is odd. I canít tell if I am enjoying it or not. Itís just there. And odd. Lemon-ish, peppery spice, fighting to the death with another, more subtle citrus note underneath. The íBelgianí is destroyed. There is only a mutant version of the normally bright and effervescent aroma; itís morphed into something musky and warm. -- I sip at it, pull the beer in between pursed lips, drawing hard to flood my mouth with flavor and taste. The aroma is so strong now, accentuating the flavor as I drink, and with a warmer brew, the flavor is popping! I donít like the aroma. Iíve decided. I DO like the beer as Iím drinking it. The palate isnít bad either, a bit dry, edgy, tightening my tongue; but the finish could use some help. The afterward is dry and there is an unpleasant, "drank too much last night, my head is pounding, gawddamnit, whereís my toothbrush" thing happening and I donít like it. I normally find a witbier refreshing and this is not refreshing. I have a feeling it will be sticking with me for a while and Iím not necessarily happy about that. If the flavor of the quaff matched the finish...I would feel much differently. -- My opinion? Neither style is represented here and this isnít the prettiest baby.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
KyotoLefty (7870) - Kyoto, JAPAN - JUN 19, 2015
Tap at Dig. Funky, spicy nose, Belgian yeast, grapefruit, creamy, honey. Pale gold, hazy, with lace. Spicy, fruity flavor, estery and bitter. Somewhat plebian. I have yet to be impressed by a Mazama beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Salmoniform (1229) - Sweet Home, Oregon, USA - MAR 12, 2015
Poured from bottle to glass. Straw hue with creamy white head that lingered. Aroma is straw, peppercorn, lemon, earthy. Mouthfeel is refreshing with a medium light body and crisp carbonation. Taste is dry with a peppercorn following and slight estery finish. Overall this is a decent brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
IndianaRed (2951) - Boise, Idaho, USA - OCT 24, 2014
On Tap at Bier:Thirty, Boise Hazy light pale yellow with a full fluffy white head. Light sharp and kind of a musty hop bitterness. Dry and lifely. More dusty/musty flavors at the bitter trailer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bhensonb (12577) - Woodland, California, USA - JUL 26, 2014
Bomber from Brewforia. Two white things blended. Why not? Pours light gold with a white head. Citrus nose with spice hints. Med body. Flavor is citrus, maybe a little clove and some yeasty aspect. Quite citrus fruity, but quite bitter, or at least very far from sweet. Seems to be lots of hops. Tingles on the tongue.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
stevoj (2952) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUN 11, 2014
Nice light bodied beer, normal wit characteristics offset by some NW hop bitterness. Pale golden with small airy head. Lots of wheat/grain aroma and flavor, hops kick in at the finish. Good summer refresher.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Reid (2091) - Salem, Oregon, USA - APR 25, 2014
22 oz bottle from "Lifesource" in Salem OR. $4.99 Says its a "White IPA" and is now 5.5% alc. Pours a bright,light yellow..its slightly hazy and with a nice sized rocky/bubbly white head. Spicy aroma..lemon zest,clementines and a touch of floral hop. Taste is semi sour lemon,floral hop and light coiriander..Works! Mouth feel is light and refreshing and finishes mostly dry. LIked this one..more of a wit then a WIPA..very tasty

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
pdx77 (1484) - Oregon, USA - NOV 9, 2013
On draught at Mazama Brewing. Clear light yellow color. Aroma is spiced citrus hops and light yeast. Taste is a definite combination of a wit (yeasty and spicy) and an IPA (citrus hops). Finishes with a hoppy, spicy, yeasty aftertaste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
cwald (91) - Oregon, USA - SEP 30, 2013
UPDATED: DEC 21, 2013 Mazama Brewery, Draft: Poured a wheat straw color. Has a strong wheat aroma, overpowering. Can really smell that wheat. If you like that kind of thing, you will like this beer. It tastes better than it smells. Iím more of a hop IPA guy, so this was a tough drink for me. I can say that this is a much better drink than a Deschutes Chain Breaker. For a wheat beer, itís okay. For a beer that I want to drink on the porch this weekend, itís just average.