McNeills Imperial Stout

overall

RATINGS: 203   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82   EST. CALORIES: 234   ABV: 7.8%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
SNIAT (120) - Passaic, New Jersey, USA - APR 10, 2002
I would die for this Imperial Stout. The most flavorful beer I’ve ever had. If’n theres a better dark beer on the planet, I don’t what it is (any suggestions,let me know).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Kaya161 (1128) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 10, 2001
Intensely earthy hop aroma and very bitter, earthy hop flavours to start. This beer has a high hop emphasis for an imperial stout, but it works well. Rosated malt and chocolate flavours develop towards the end, but the hops still dominate right through to the finish. Another stellar job from Vermont’s phinest brewery!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
canary dog (655) - Rutland, Vermont, USA - JUL 23, 2001
The only imperial stout I have had, so I cannot determine if this is a decent representation of one or not. I know this: this stuff is pretty rugged. Blacker than coal and almost as thick as ink. Strong alcohol presence. Ample bitterness surrounded by some roastedness. Not too bad, but an acquired taste. I would like to try it again.