overall

3 Grams of Carbs
4.2 % Alcohol

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Grovlam (4156) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JAN 22, 2009
Can 33 cl. @ San Juan port. Average rocky white head that mostly diminished. Spare display of lacework. Clear pale yellow color. Aroma of wet grass, mild cardboard, thin caramel and some corn. Light bodied with a soft carbonation and light dry thin texture. Light sweet and bitter flavor. Light bitter finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
Butters (3789) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - NOV 21, 2008
Pours clear pale straw with no head. Highly carbonated. Aroma is not too offensive. Flavor was typical pale lager grainy crap This is a ’when in rome’ beer for me. I wouldn’t drink it unless I was in Puerto Rico.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
abcfan (727) - New Jersey, USA - OCT 1, 2008
Ugh...very pale and fizzy brew, tastes just like Bud Light. This brew is all over the place in PR, good thing I was able to find Old Harbor!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
NYCubfanbudman (4) - , New York, USA - JUN 18, 2008 does not count
I traveled through western PR last winter and this beer was everywhere. It is certainly better than Corona or Heineken, both of which left me feeling tired in the Puerto Rican heat. This beer is lighter than anything I ordinarily drink by several degrees, but it’s just the thing when you’re having a barbeque on the beach.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Cletus (6354) - Connecticut, USA - MAY 25, 2008
Pours straw colored with a creamy white head. Smells of straw, hay, some earty hints, dry malt. Tastes of rice, water, some pepper, some citrussy touches, hints of caramel. Not bad for a light beer.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
BigBill (3) - midlothian, Illinois, USA - APR 27, 2008 does not count
Just came back from PR and I must say I really enjoyed the Medalla light. It has all the simpleness of a mass produced brew, it was very lite and very drinkable. Especially in the heat after snorkeling it helped rinse the salt water out of my mouth....

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
cheap (4118) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 26, 2008
A 12 oz can from the Hampton inn in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I had this while lounging next to the pool with my wife. When you drink in San Juan, this is the only Puerto Rican beer you’ll find. Ubiquitous pale yellow american lager color and appearance. Aroma like most cheaper american lagers but not really offensive. Fairly easy to drink but does have a hint of cheap american malt liquor in the background that makes it come across a little unrefined. Not much bitter attributes and well behaved for the most part, with background metallic hints. Decent carbonation. Finish has that mild american malt liquor alky linger.

ortim101 (1) - Florida, USA - JAN 25, 2008 does not count
Its a precious liquid. The best light beer of the world, thats why it was won the gold medal. u have to be boricua from soul to enjoy it!!! Wish they would sell it in USA.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
cluny6 (115) - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, ENGLAND - DEC 17, 2007
I am from Puerto Rico and I can safely say this beer is horrible. Smells like aluminium/metal and tastes like dishwater. We make excellentrum and we should stick to that. I guess there can be worse...

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
pumpmaster (1139) - Pembroke Pines, Florida, USA - SEP 22, 2007
Not bad for a hot Old San Juan day. Small head, low flavor on the bitter side.