overall

RATINGS: 961   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.19   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
White Hawk is a traditional IPA .The IPA recipe is based on the original 1880 brew that was sent to India for the British troops.The advent of India Pale Ale was born of a need to supply beer in the 1800’s to British troops in India. This hearty, heavily hopped ale was brewed to endure the rigors of the long voyage from Great Britain.

White Hawk Original IPA was launched in California in early 2002 to meet the demand for a unique India Pale Ale. Consumer response for White Hawk IPA exceeded expectations and it is fast gaining a loyal following both in 6 pack and on draft.

Maxamillion (103) - Glendora, California, USA - MAY 5, 2005
Pours orangish/amber color with thin head. Semi floral taste with pretty decent amount of hoppiness. Nice bitterness kick to it although maybe a little overdone. Overall its a pretty good Ipa but could be a little better balanced.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
joshj2176 (103) - California, USA - FEB 21, 2012
Light golden orange color with a medium thick eggshell white head that lasted pretty well. Thin lacing. The aroma is musty and mildly hopped, with a faint hint of citrus. One-dimensional flavor. Straight hops without a whole lot of taste, and a bit of grapefruit is about it. Boring.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ZepolK (102) - South Side Montebello, California, USA - JAN 28, 2004
I was presently surprised by this IPA I must admit. I had read some of the reviews before I had tried this one and I don't really understand why it rates so low? Mild grass hop and pine aroma that isn't as strong as I would like but pleasant nonetheless. Pours out copper orange red with a medium head and noticeable lacing. Flavor was strong bitter at first than trailing off to a dry finish. Fairly well balanced and very easy to drink. A very good session beer. I think it deserves a higher rating that it gets by most, but that?s just my opinion. Try it, I don?t think it will disappoint.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
elcaballo (101) - Beverly Hills, California, USA - MAY 5, 2008
While I did not love redtail ale, at least that beer had some good hops in it. Seriously weak bitterness for and IPA. Or perhaps i should say bad bitterness because what was there was just not very enjoyable. I like IPA’s so I could not hate this beer but did not really enjoy it

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Haack (101) - Hornslet, DENMARK - SEP 17, 2009
I had a lot of beers this night and this beer didn’t get my attention. Nothing fancy or new. An overall IPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TheBeerMaster (100) - Little Falls, New Jersey, USA - NOV 18, 2007
White head, which I assume led to the beer’s name, with an amber appearance. Flavor is strongly hopped, which is to be expected from an IPA, but as far as comparisons to typical Pale Ales go, this one’s a bit weaker. Recommended.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
brocker (99) - Salina, Utah, USA - APR 7, 2005
I’m not an I.P.A. fan, so I have no real valid critcism. I wil, however, give you my opinion of this beer. Not too bad. Flowery, and bitter, but not overbearing like a lot of other I.P.A.’s. A little sweeter as well.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
robpet (98) - Stone Mountain, Georgia, USA - APR 30, 2005
Fragrant floral aroma and nice pour. Heavy bitter, but was the source hops or alcohol? Lightly malty

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jeffhobo (94) - Nevada, USA - MAR 22, 2012
Slightly oranged yellow color with a finger of head. The smell is of citrus, hops and malt, but you can also detect some metallic aroma. The taste gives you strong hit of both hops and caramelized malt. Ok drinkability.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
JohnnyZ (90) - Illinois, USA - JAN 12, 2007
Not bad. Pours cloudy amber, sea foam head. Good lacing. Light mouthfeel, smooth hop bitterness because of the malty imbalance. No way to tell how fresh the bottle is so maybe it was towards end of shelf life. Otherwise I would compare it to the Sam Smith IPA.