RATINGS: 1395   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A specialty beer with a rich, roasted taste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
JoeM500 (1908) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - MAY 20, 2002
Had this in a monstrous 32 oz draft version at a crappy and bland steakhouse, it was quite nose-less even for such a huge amount. There was a hint of malt among the big carbonation and fizziness, but was otherwise tasteless. I didnít get near the halfway mark with this cheap boring beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
rich42 (128) - USA - MAY 19, 2002
not all that bad. not fantastic - but better than what Iíd expected. Definitely not a írealí bock beer (hell - itís got rice in it) - but drinkable. Slight smokey note on the end. Not a bad alternative to samuel adams or bass if your looking for something easy to drink after mowing the backyard. Note - Iím a big bock fan - and to all those saying this was their ífirst bock beerí - you havenít had a true bock yet. Go down to the local snob-supermarket and get yourself a Willbrau Ur-Bock, Spaten Optimator, Moretti Dark, heck - even a Sam Adams Winter Lager. Then youíve had a bock.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jfishback13 (275) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - MAY 18, 2002
Thebest bock for the money, if itís a bock. For 3.50 a six pack it just canít be beat. Of course thatís also the only time to get it too. It is pretty weak and doesnít have anything that jumps out at you.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
cathcacr (644) - Oregon, USA - MAY 15, 2002
A decent, enjoyable íbockí beer. Iím partial to the doppelbock style myself, but this is worth the occasional drink on a tighter budget. Something about Michelob/A-Bís side-products has made a positive impression on me in comparison to the other stuff usually found in the grocery cooler/aisle. Definitely been better than average, anyway. Not a big fan of their Black & Tan, though I think thatís just me.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
djbuddha (90) - Many, Louisiana, USA - MAY 11, 2002
I bought one six pack that tasted good, then got another that was extremely skunky. I think that it is a decent beer, and I am extremely surprised that it came from Michelob. Re-rate: I bought another six-pack a week ago and must say that each time I taste this, I like it less and less. Maybe its because Iím finding a little bit better stuff to try now.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Aurelius (4781) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAY 10, 2002
Stinky. Cola brown, not amber, with off-white head. Decent appearance, but thin with ersatz carbonation. Better than Bud & Mic, worse than Peteís or Sam Adams.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - APR 30, 2002
Not much I can say, thin weak shitty malt flavor, another bad attemt from AB,they have no right to call this a bock.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - APR 30, 2002
I like this beer. It was one of the first beers that I ever thought was worth drinking. Good aftertaste and long finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
papajijo (22) - USA - APR 28, 2002
a great beer, with high alcohol content that makes me a happy person...i got drunk off this many times

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
ravidesai (950) - Bombay, INDIA - APR 28, 2002
not really a bock but a sweet brownish lager. considering it comes from AB, I was surprised at the fact that it had some genuine malt taste. Do not buy this if you want a bock but at a small bar this may be one of the more palatable alternatives.