overall

RATINGS: 1402   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A specialty beer with a rich, roasted taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
cathcacr (646) - Oregon, USA - MAY 15, 2002
A decent, enjoyable íbockí beer. Iím partial to the doppelbock style myself, but this is worth the occasional drink on a tighter budget. Something about Michelob/A-Bís side-products has made a positive impression on me in comparison to the other stuff usually found in the grocery cooler/aisle. Definitely been better than average, anyway. Not a big fan of their Black & Tan, though I think thatís just me.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
djbuddha (90) - Many, Louisiana, USA - MAY 11, 2002
I bought one six pack that tasted good, then got another that was extremely skunky. I think that it is a decent beer, and I am extremely surprised that it came from Michelob. Re-rate: I bought another six-pack a week ago and must say that each time I taste this, I like it less and less. Maybe its because Iím finding a little bit better stuff to try now.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Aurelius (5030) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAY 10, 2002
Stinky. Cola brown, not amber, with off-white head. Decent appearance, but thin with ersatz carbonation. Better than Bud & Mic, worse than Peteís or Sam Adams.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - APR 30, 2002
Not much I can say, thin weak shitty malt flavor, another bad attemt from AB,they have no right to call this a bock.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - APR 30, 2002
I like this beer. It was one of the first beers that I ever thought was worth drinking. Good aftertaste and long finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
papajijo (22) - USA - APR 28, 2002
a great beer, with high alcohol content that makes me a happy person...i got drunk off this many times

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
ravidesai (978) - Bombay, INDIA - APR 28, 2002
not really a bock but a sweet brownish lager. considering it comes from AB, I was surprised at the fact that it had some genuine malt taste. Do not buy this if you want a bock but at a small bar this may be one of the more palatable alternatives.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Aubrey (3509) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - APR 28, 2002
Tried to keep an open mind when I tried this one. Pours a clear, deep red with a quickly fading head. Mouthfeel was soft. Up front, has a hint of a toasty flavor... but it dies out quickly. And did they even use hops in this beer? Finish was a little crisp, but painfully dry. Virtually no aftertaste. A rather feckless attempt.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
SmellGood (339) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - APR 25, 2002
Anheuser Busch is trying!! I just donít think they get it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Hugerat (452) - somerville, Massachusetts, USA - APR 21, 2002
Itís not terrible. Really thin without a lot of flavor. Very easy to drink.