overall

RATINGS: 1384   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.43   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A specialty beer with a rich, roasted taste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
heykevin (1281) - Decorah, Iowa, USA - MAR 4, 2002
Not horrible. There is a decent malt flavor. This is not to be confused with a decent maltiness, because the texture is way too thin to describe it that way. Better than the major products from the big guys, but in no way would I describe it as ’flavorful’ or anything of the like.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Cutlass (51) - Galloway, Ohio, USA - MAR 2, 2002
not as thick as you’d expect from a dark beer, but its smooth. a good winter beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
pastout (27) - Windber, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 1, 2002
I had this on tap. Not a bad beer for A-B. Nice color and a decent aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
hankfrank99 (13) - USA - MAR 1, 2002
good stuff. best i’ve had out of amheuser busch. nice and grainy, no gag aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Aggie80 (790) - Michigan, USA - MAR 1, 2002
Certainly better than most mass produced beers, this is any easy to find solid performer that my wife knows is a safe choice when trying to find something for me!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
MOboy (505) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - MAR 1, 2002
Man, I remember when this used to be my favorite beer!!! Thank God things have changed.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - MAR 1, 2002
they have no right to call this ’dark’ anything! I can’t really tell the difference between this and regular Michelob!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
CrimsonGhost1971 (188) - USA - FEB 27, 2002
This beer only proves that their is a conspiracy within A-B. The bastards are selling the run-off from their other beers as Bud and Busch while the good stuff is bottled as Michelob. Good flavor and smooth finish is not a typical Bud trait but for Michelob it’s common.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - FEB 26, 2002
UPDATED: APR 16, 2004 Good dark, tasty brew. I am impressed by this and would drink it anytime. Its also not too expensive which is always a plus. Without a doubt the best Michelob on the market. Very good when it is on tap. My roommate and I drink it on Windsor Wednesday after drinking whiskey all night before we go home and black out everytime

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - FEB 26, 2002
This is a re-rate...I like this beer. Its a bit thin, but it has a nice, somewhat sweet, malty taste to it. I know its customary to pile on the big brewers, but in this case, I think A-B has done a nice job. Is this the same beer as Ziegen Bock? The six pack container said, ’Lager, Ale in Texas’. What’s that all about? This may very well be A-B’s best offering.