Michelob Dark

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 104   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.05   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Obtains its color from roasted malt, which also adds to its unique flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
RichJ7 (1175) - Cullman, Alabama, USA - OCT 18, 2004
This used to be one of my favorite beers ... but, then again, I didn’t get out much. Like many before me have said, it was one of the only dark lagers available at the time and definitely a cut above most macros. Similar in taste to Michelob with the pleasing addition of roasted malt, giving it a toasty flavor. Smooth and drinkable, but not as good as your average craft beer ... or your below average craft beer for that matter.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
mjg74 (2853) - Salem, Oregon, USA - AUG 22, 2004
I used to buy this stuff alot back in the day. Tasted like an artificial dark beer. Seemed like the "dark" was just additives but for some reason I still enjoyed it.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
REDDOGICE (206) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 6, 2004
Not the greatest but it has rank above swill in fact for a macro this one is ok. by my standards.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JUN 20, 2004
This beer is ok, in a Beck’s-Lowenbrau-St. Pauli dark sort of way. Or maybe in a Henry Weinhard’s dark sort of way. You get the picture.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
mohawksin (187) - Nebraska, USA - JUN 20, 2004
If you’ve had Michelob, this is about the same, but toastier. Any of your local micros surely produce a better dark, but they probably didn’t when this came out.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
shrubber85 (9135) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - JUN 3, 2004
UPDATED: APR 24, 2007 This was the one of the few choices for dark lagers 15 years ago. Seem nice and strong back then but now there are many other better choices. LIght molasses malt aroma. Dark brown color. Light brown sugar malt flavor. Really not bad for a BMC product. Above average American macrobrew.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
zathrus13 (1736) - Mount Laurel, New Jersey, USA - MAY 7, 2004
I used to enjoy this alot. I haven’t seen it lately, but since my tastes have improved, I probably wouldn’t care much for it anymore.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
VTHopHead (1511) - Barre, Vermont, USA - APR 25, 2004
(Bottle) A darker, better version of the regular Michelob. Short on flavor, but no worse than "typical" American lagers.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
DocLock (8593) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 9, 2004
To me, this tastes like a slightly maltier version of Michelob. Which isn't saying much, but at least some of my scores got out of the cellar.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - FEB 14, 2004
We used to put peanuts in the bottle before we drank this when I was a kid. That way, you'd at least taste something. I once had this at the brewery tour in Williamsburg, and I must say that it was the best thing that ABC had to offer at the time. Not much has changed.