Michelob Hefeweizen

Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 113   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.27   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Turtboy (120) - Lucasville, Ohio, USA - JAN 12, 2004
Nice beer, had a hint of a citrus smell and taste. Defenitely not the best Hefe out there.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
slang (654) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - JAN 4, 2004
Very little head, hazy gold tone. Slightly sweet aromas, I get banannas here more than on the tounge. Slightly bitter paired well with citrus. Non-natural flavoring is abvious. Very decent for AB, but only average overall.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
DKlovesbeer (172) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - DEC 27, 2003
Pours with a nice clean white head that quickly dissipates and leaves no lacing in its tracks. The body has a nice hazy golden color with lots of rising bubbles. I like the flavor of this beer allot and I wish that all of the establishments that keep Amber Bock on tap would serve Michelob HefeWeizen as well. Overall this is a nice refreshing beer that goes well with any light fare. Serve this in a glass with a slice of lemon for a perfect accompaniment to mid-summer picnic. Obviously this isn't the best beer in the world but since in comes from Anheuser-Busch I have to give extra points for their creation of an enjoyable specialty brew.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
BigDon (6) - Auburn, Alabama, USA - DEC 19, 2003 does not count
Wasn't really sure what I was in for, but was pleasantly suprised. Slight orange smell, and a hint of citrus made for a decent beer overall.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
gws57 (1275) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - DEC 15, 2003
Bottled. Bland, bland bland for a wheat beer. Hazy yellowish-orange color, thin head that dissipated slowly, modest orangy flavor. Bland.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
NeonLX (261) - Wisconsin, USA - DEC 9, 2003
Hey, whaddya know?--a decent brew overall. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. There's more character here than I would have imagined. Nothing stands out in terms of taste but there are some nice hints of flavor in there--a little banana perhaps & something slightly citrusy. Very nice mouthfeel. Not sure if I'd buy this over other brews in this class, but I certainly wouldn't turn one down if it were handed to me...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - DEC 7, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2004 I've been waiting for this sampler for a long time....German Hefe? Has the tanginess of a fair American Wheat, perhaps, a bit of lemon and just a tiny bit o'banana in the flavor. The aroma is fairly typical wheatiness - this thing is unfiltered? Wow. Even a bit peppery, or is that my veggie meat loaf accompaniment?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
gsmitty80 (1831) - Washington DC, USA - DEC 3, 2003
Im very impressed with this beer considering is an AB product. I know thats cliche to say but it really did suprise me. I would buy a full case of it as long as it was a reasonable price.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
antisnobJP (275) - St. Michael, Minnesota, USA - NOV 29, 2003
My god, I found a beer in this sampler that I like. Slightly tangy, citrusy aroma. Golden hazy color. Tangy, refreshing beer that made me wish for summer. Not a lot of flavor, which works in this case. Would probably drink this in the summer if it were availiable and the price was right. I like Americanized wheats because of the refreshing tang without the banana-clove yeast thing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Nastrass (58) - Texas, USA - NOV 27, 2003
I must agree with some of the other comments regarding appearance. Not all together a bad looking beer. Taste is what you would expect though for a product from this company.