Michelob Hefeweizen

Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 113   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.27   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
khayman70 (154) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - OCT 8, 2003
Very thin, no complex flavor. I was hoping for alot more. The smell was like stale bread and just wasn't very satisfying. I still prefer it to the Ultra though.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
SubstanceT (1092) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 24, 2003
This stuff was on sale for 2.99 a six pack. I wasnt expecting much but I was still kind of dissapointed. Dirty brown colour with a thin head. Wheat in the nose but it smells mildew-ish. The flavor is quite one dimensional with, again, moldy wheat flavor. Not great, I dont know what I am going to do with the other 5 bottles of this stuff I have.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
gerdy555 (163) - Ohio, USA - AUG 8, 2003
pours straw colored and slightly cloudy with a white head. smell is of cheap lager with wheat in the background. i can accually tase some wheat flavor which is more than I expected. my guess is that they went out and bought some real wheat beer and then mixed it with their lager. more than I expected but that's not saying much.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
wheatbeerboy (103) - Addison, Illinois, USA - AUG 1, 2003
Now I know why this beer isn't a big seller; it sucks. This is probably one of the worst American hefe-weissens that I've had.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
TheBeerGod (5342) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - JUL 5, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 6, 2003 Not bad considering the source. Decent golden blond with a whitish head. Below average spicy weizen taste. Seemed weak compared to micros but a decent attempt. Worth trying.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
pooze (2) - Houghton, Michigan, USA - JUL 2, 2003 does not count
Nothing special. I went to the store looking for paulaner hefe weizen.. all they had was this. It's swillish.. wish I didn't buy it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
bowen008 (134) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUN 30, 2003
A good shot at a Hefe from a macro. All the Michelob specialties are a good intro to the genre. This is the best of the line.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Aggie80 (786) - Michigan, USA - JUN 29, 2003
Hmm. Okay in the pour, head and lace area. Filtered, this doesn't have strong spice flavors, but they are there. vaation 03

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
ericnixon (741) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 12, 2003
on tap at the Budweiser plant in Merrimack, NH. i normally don't like hefeweizens that much, but this one was ok. not amazing or stand-outish in any way, but it was tolerable. a frickin' lot better than all of Budweiser's other products.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
BtownBrewer (91) - Belchertown, Massachusetts, USA - JUN 12, 2003
I like Wheat beers in general. Try to brew a batch every summer. This I did not like though. I'll give it this: compared to Anheuser-Busch's many other offerings, this beer made an actual attemt at flavor. Sadly it fails. It goes right to the back of your throat with an assaulting sourness. Made it impossible to enjoy anything else it might have to offer.