Michelob Hefeweizen

RATINGS: 113   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.27   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

edgallow's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
edgallow (1941) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 12, 2012
Its been a while since I had this. Based of some previous notes I had It poured cloudy amber with a white head. Aroma of wheat and spices. Taste of yeast, grain and spice

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
seymour (1406) - Maplewood, Missouri, USA - OCT 31, 2011
My tasting notes from 2001. Bottle from Michelob Holiday Mix-pack. Poured a mostly clear golden color with thin head which dissipated quickly, no lace. Not cloudy as a hefeweizen should be. Slight yeast aromas but nowhere near enough pepper, clove and banana. I can taste mild malt and some muted wheat, but the impression is pretty similar to every other over-carbonated, over-processed, metallic-tasting Anheuser Busch brew. Not true-to-style.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
philbertk (1873) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 18, 2010
Hefeweizen Wheat Ale--1998 12 oz. Bottle. 5.00% ABV. (2.25 / 5.0) Light bodied and over carbonated at first. Mildly flavorful with Wheat bouquet.

0.9
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
savatar (10) - USA - MAR 15, 2009
The only reason to drink a beer of this class is... actually there is no reason to drink this beer. I am tired of people saying things like "I like the price on the shelf in times like these". If you cant find a better beer for only one dollar more in any local store/bar, the problem is no longer the quality of this beer... its YOU.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
mweber962000 (79) - Illinois, USA - JUL 6, 2008
i think i got a bad bottle on this one. tasted so bitter that i was craving saltwater. the carbonation was like putting 5 mentos in my mouth with a swig of 7 up. happy retirement.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
subcell (95) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - JUN 30, 2008
All I can say is that this was one of the worst hefeweizen’s I have ever had. Thank you AB for retiring this worthless brew.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
daknole (8949) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - JUN 11, 2008
Kudos for this effort...not a grea beer by any means, but at least they try. Just not enough body or full flavor to consider this a good brew. The really only time I have been in disagreement with Michael Jackson.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ron (2460) - Rochester, New York, USA - JAN 24, 2008
I was reviewing old family video’s recently when I saw that I had gotten a Mic variety pack for Christmas ’01’ with this beer in it. I remember enjoying this one. I added a lemon to it and it did help.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Hoser (367) - Cowtown, Alberta, CANADA - NOV 7, 2007
I thought this was a decent kristall hefe with allot of the usual characters in a German wheat beer. Page 314 of Michael Jackson’s Great Beer Guide and 165 of his Classic Brews to go.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
fro2218 (470) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - SEP 28, 2007
Pretty clear beer for a hefe. A little yeasty in flavor though. Some spice and sour to taste.