Michelob Marzen

(RETIRED)
overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 348   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.39   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
This beer is based on an original recipe that Adolphus Busch brought with him when he came to America. This Marzenbeir has a malty aroma and an amber-red color. Traditionally brewed for the Octoberfest

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
STLBeer (1) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - NOV 10, 2007 does not count
I am very impressed with this beer. Go St. Louis!! Anheuser Busch 4Life!!! This bear has a very distict flavor. It is probably the smoothest beer I’ve ever tasted. It is full of flavor and very enjoyable. I highly recommend!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
REDDOGICE (202) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 7, 2004
I got this in a care package for christmas once i love this stuff its very good

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Jayson2425 (167) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - APR 12, 2004
UPDATED: APR 14, 2004 I dark colored beer, that has kind of a sweet taste. Had this good brew in one of their gift packs

darkstar938099 (4) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - MAR 11, 2004 does not count
Amberish-brown color, with pleasing light-malty aroma. Good nuty/malty taste thats easy on the palate. Good seasonal suprise in Michelob specialty packs.

subcell (95) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - JUN 30, 2008
Damn... tuff crowd to please. As I live in the US and not in Germany I think this is the best damn Marzen for the money. I have had a lot of the micro brew fest beers and I feel as though I am drinking hops not beer. I thought this was well balanced and delicious for a mass producer in the US.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
rkn65 (106) - st. clair shores, Michigan, USA - DEC 19, 2004
Nice malty aroma and taste after pouring. Then a sickly sweet aftertaste. The head actually last after the first sip. Nice lace.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mikey (503) - farmington, Utah, USA - FEB 23, 2007
Poured a clear copper color with a finger of white foam. The nose was faint of graham crackers and malt. The taste started with a nice dose of malts lending itself to a slight nutty sweetness followed by a mild bitterness. The mouthfeel was on the lighter side with a creamy adjuct sweetness. This is a pretty decent rendition of an Octoberfest. Its not a flavor powerhouse, but it’s straightforward enough. This AB offering suprised me. I would classify it as "light" Marzen. Probibly my favorite offering from Anheuser-Busch.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
kidmartinek (3536) - austin, Texas, USA - NOV 28, 2008
I first had this beer at the miserable houston crappy airport fireman we stayed up while everyone else slept cookoff for brisket in a cooler that your couldn’t cut with a machete and tasted like shit thingy. This beer was the only saving grace of that nite. It is a honey golden colored beer that pours with a 1 inch off-white head, when you have the pleasure of pouring it. Aroma of munich malts and a hint of hops. Flavor is like a mild pilsener with an added malt characteristic. Mouthfeel is perfect, refreshing and mild, a leaving a tartness on the finish that beckons for the enxt sip of refreshment. This beer is best drunk when its 75 degrees outside, comin’ on 80, and you’re sitting in the garage next to your anvil just thinking about work.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
k2 (146) - USA - JUL 20, 2002
A bit light for this style of beer. Not too bad of a finish. Needs better distribution methods than the sampler packs.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
djmcfar (64) - Ixonia, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 4, 2004
Got this in the seasonal 18 bottle sampler box (only way to get it - not sold separately) - mild nutty aroma - when poured down the center of a tall thin pilsner glass (the sampler came with 2 of the glasses - etched at the top in script it says "Michelob specialty Ales & Lagers") a 5 inch head of micro-fine bubbles was produced. Some lacing as the head subsided (I know, you are thinking how is this possible from Michelob...). Nutty, malty, slightly acrid (probably from more than usual hops) flavor - very good on the palate. I felt a glow after half a beer (highly unusual for me except for higly hopped brews). I usally don’t have anything good to say about AB products, but this really is a good brew! Im thinking that because this beer is not generally available like the others, that they allowed it to be better than usual ?