overall
n/a

RATINGS: 1284   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.1   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: Pale two-row and Munich six-row barley, select grains, all imported hops and a pure cultured yeast strain.
Introduced in 2002.
Michelob Ultra, the new low-carb light beer with taste smooth enough to carry the Michelob name.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
amx1970390 (480) - Southampton, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 4, 2003
On Tap, I sampled this because it was free. I did not think Michelob could make anything worse than their regular beer. But they have. The color of this was like water with spit in it. There was a large head that looked like nothing I have seen before. I tastes like dish soap, AH! Thats were the big head comes from. Well, it was easier to swallow than regular Michelob but that is no reason to buy this crap.

gjamieson (80) - Canton, Georgia, USA - MAR 30, 2003
This was about as smooth as tap water. Smells like shit, and tastes even worse. Why waste time and effort? It's just like drinking NA's--what the hell is the point? If you're going to drink a beer, drink a beer! Not a low-carb foo-foo shit like this.

Aggie80 (790) - Michigan, USA - MAR 29, 2003
I opened this bottle with very low expectations. It failed to live up to them. The color was as close to pale piss yellow as any I've ever seen. No head. No Lace. No flavor. No aroma. Water with a touch of alcohol added and terrible aftertaste. Don't waste your money! If I want a kick, I'll just drink a scotch.

Elbender (6) - atlanta, Georgia, USA - MAR 27, 2003 does not count
Great marketing, terrible beer. AB taking advantage of all the low carb diet freaks. Not much to say about this beer----- water with bad after taste

roder60 (1288) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 27, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 31, 2003 I gave it a try after hearing my parents rave about this beer for weeks. Honesty, I feel extremely ashamed of my parents poor taste. This stuff looks and tastes like dirty water. The lack of carbination takes the flavor and fun out of drinking a beer. If i want something that goes down like water, I'll purchase a beer with a tad bit more flavor and some added carbination. AKA Coors Light

Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 23, 2003
Uhhhh.....is this beer? It sure doesn't taste like it. No aroma, no color, no taste. Well, there is some taste but it's not very good. This beer flat out sucks. It's really bad. It's not even good for washing down pretzels. Blah!!! Don't waste your money on this one.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
crazyvin (2026) - New York, USA - MAR 22, 2003
Horrible smell! Just plain horrible, the taste was like coors light but somewhat better. Typicall american standard white head. smooth finish.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Norton (329) - Southside, Richmond, Virginia, USA - MAR 22, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 1, 2003 I finally got a chance to try this when my housemate dragged home a 12pk. I was prepared for the worst, but honestly, this isn't nearly the worst beer I have ever had (see: Corona, Bud/Bud Light, Iron City, any Femsa product, any Coors product) Crisp mouthfeel. Very dry finish with a weird watery aftertaste, if that makes sense. Reminded me of old Bud Dry from back in the day. It's not skunky (like Corona) it's not bloaty (like Bud) but it's nothing I wouldn't drink again if presented with one. It is what it is - drinkable ULTRA-light semi-schwag but in a pinch, it actually works.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 20, 2003
You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Shag (2684) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - MAR 20, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 31, 2004 Is this really beer? Here’s how to save money and still acheive the Ultra taste. Buy 6 pack of Bud/Miller/Coors. Fill glass half way with beer, mix other half with water. Presto, you have a 12 pack of Michelob Ultra. This is for people on the Atkins diet and nothing else. Its not bad beer, its bad water!