overall
n/a

RATINGS: 1277   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.1   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: Pale two-row and Munich six-row barley, select grains, all imported hops and a pure cultured yeast strain.
Introduced in 2002.
Michelob Ultra, the new low-carb light beer with taste smooth enough to carry the Michelob name.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Norton (329) - Southside, Richmond, Virginia, USA - MAR 22, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 1, 2003 I finally got a chance to try this when my housemate dragged home a 12pk. I was prepared for the worst, but honestly, this isn't nearly the worst beer I have ever had (see: Corona, Bud/Bud Light, Iron City, any Femsa product, any Coors product) Crisp mouthfeel. Very dry finish with a weird watery aftertaste, if that makes sense. Reminded me of old Bud Dry from back in the day. It's not skunky (like Corona) it's not bloaty (like Bud) but it's nothing I wouldn't drink again if presented with one. It is what it is - drinkable ULTRA-light semi-schwag but in a pinch, it actually works.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 20, 2003
You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Shag (2668) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - MAR 20, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 31, 2004 Is this really beer? Here’s how to save money and still acheive the Ultra taste. Buy 6 pack of Bud/Miller/Coors. Fill glass half way with beer, mix other half with water. Presto, you have a 12 pack of Michelob Ultra. This is for people on the Atkins diet and nothing else. Its not bad beer, its bad water!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
sethdude (704) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAR 18, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 3, 2003 Pours clear as water, some very white head which diminishes very quickly, weak aroma, smells like corn. Tastes like bottled water, with an Anheuser-ish aftertaste. Slight malt flavor on the end. My buddy is on the Atkins diet, and was drinking this, so i tried one. Not a good idea. I'll keep my beer gut to save myself from this.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
kumite56 (472) - Cordova, Tennessee, USA - MAR 11, 2003
Well if you have to have a "Diet" beer I guess this is better than nothing. Why bother though. Crisp and clean. But so is water.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
jennythenipper (74) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - MAR 10, 2003
This is the worst beer I've ever had. Not worth the tiny reduction in calories and carbs from Amstel Light. This makes the disapointing Sam Adams light seem full-bodied and delicious by comparison. The bartender at our local claims that Busch Light is actually worse. I don't wanna find out.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
jkeller (4) - jacksonville, Florida, USA - MAR 9, 2003 does not count
This is the worst tasting beer, if I can include taste at all, I have ever had. It is so watered down and disgusting.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Nuffield (3771) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - MAR 9, 2003
I had this side by side with Amstel Light (a colleague of mine bought this just to tease me about beer, although he is on a low-carb diet and so happily finished a good part of a six-pack). I was stunned at how EXTRAORDINARILY pale this was. I've never seen a beer this pale, and even Amstel Light looked rich and malty by comparison. There was virtually no flavor. I've said that before for other light beers and American Standards, but this is at a whole new level of lightness. We were talking around the table about fantasy baseball players and the emphasis was on "value"--so I asked, at this point, why drink Ultra when tap water would appear to be better value? The best you can say for this beer is that it is not offensive, because there is simply nothing in this beer other than water.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Panzuriel (1384) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - MAR 8, 2003
Oh holy crap. Thin watery nasty weak piss poor and coming dangerously close to the only beer I couldn't finish. I did it though. I agree that there are much better light beers out there. THis one is very light in color, flavor, thin in texture, watery and finishes somewhere in the middle with little aftertaste.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
JK (4861) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - MAR 5, 2003
Michelob light isn't a bad light beer, but they sucked all of the aroma and any flavor out of this to cut a few calories. Reminded me of Miller lite. Even if you want light beer you can do better than this.