RATINGS: 1321   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.11/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: Pale two-row and Munich six-row barley, select grains, all imported hops and a pure cultured yeast strain.
Introduced in 2002.
Michelob Ultra, the new low-carb light beer with taste smooth enough to carry the Michelob name.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
thedm (5776) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - JUN 1, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 4, 2003 This brew poured a large head of fine white bubbles and a weak watery urine yellow colored body. It has a very mild hop aroma, good lacing and a watery and thin rice beer flavor. No thanks, glad to get this one rated and off my list. Never again!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
SubstanceT (1092) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - JUN 1, 2003
Dilute pee yellow with a watery aroma. Hardly no flavor. In fact, this is just water with carbs despite what the commercials say.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - MAY 30, 2003
It amazes me, the number of advertisements I see for this stuff. Obviously, they make the ads without ever having imbibed this crap.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
oldrustycars (2) - Batavia, Illinois, USA - MAY 29, 2003 does not count
Hank Hill once remarked that he had never poured out a beer, not even to put out a grass fire. if he tried this so-called beer, he would make an exception

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
jaymobrown (1843) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 25, 2003
Loud, dark bar. I strained my voice and mouthed the beer that I wanted. I got this instead. Not wanting to try to communicate through layers of smoke, noise, and people I ambled back to my table awaiting this new venture. The lightest light beer I have ever had. Tasted the closest to actual water than any other beer. At least bad taste is still taste. I drank it mostly for rehyrdration purposes. Surprisingly came in lower than my low expectations. Unfortunate.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
igneous1 (1533) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - MAY 24, 2003
horrible horrible beer...no taste whatsoever...like bread or something...avoid this at all cost...i dont care if you're on a low-carb diet or not

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
ross (2146) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - MAY 22, 2003
good LORD what is this? Beer????? wait no it cant be.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
DragonStout (1410) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - MAY 22, 2003
They call this beer?This is more like a beer flavored water.Low carbs doesnot belong in beer.michelob should be embarrassed to put this out, but i understand it sells and they r here to make money.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Ernest (7343) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - MAY 20, 2003
Head is initially small, fizzy, white, fully diminishing. Body is clear ULTRA light yellow. Aroma is lightly malty (grain, cereal), hint of DMS. Flavor is moderately sweet, lightly bitter. Finish is lightly sweet, lightly bitter. Light body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. God, how boring it must be to brew for one of the giants. Popcorn husk smell, extremely thin/watery/fizzy, and almost completely transparent/colorless...is it really beer? Michelob Eunuch would have been a more suitable moniker.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
karlwagner (2) - peabody, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 20, 2003 does not count
My friends want to start drinking these at the gym. I told them that that instead of calling this a light beer, they should call it a heavy water. I wouldn't water my plants with this stuff. NOTE: I am not the target market for trash like this. It concerns me that it should even be recognized as a beer, it is clearly being miscategorized. I'd rather drink Sunoco Ultra.