overall
n/a

RATINGS: 1312   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.11/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: Pale two-row and Munich six-row barley, select grains, all imported hops and a pure cultured yeast strain.
Introduced in 2002.
Michelob Ultra, the new low-carb light beer with taste smooth enough to carry the Michelob name.

karlwagner (2) - peabody, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 20, 2003 does not count
My friends want to start drinking these at the gym. I told them that that instead of calling this a light beer, they should call it a heavy water. I wouldn't water my plants with this stuff. NOTE: I am not the target market for trash like this. It concerns me that it should even be recognized as a beer, it is clearly being miscategorized. I'd rather drink Sunoco Ultra.

1.1
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - MAY 20, 2003
Tastes like Michelob, just worse with less body, if that is possible. Did not make me want to excercise. Great gimmick though.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Lizabeth (360) - east falmouth, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 18, 2003
This is apparently Michelob's answer to such other light beer swill as Coors light or Miller lite. This travesty of the brewing art has a pale head which dissipates quickly and a thin bodied brew which smells faintly of rice and corn and tastes of absolutely nothing.. Whatever alcohol content contained in this excuse of a beer not readily noticable. At the party I attended where this was the only beer served ( guess everybody else was on a diet) I kept drinking more and more of these, hoping to at least get a buzz for my troubles. Alas, such was not to be. In my opinion one would be better off drinking a decent non -alcohol beer rather than wasting ones time with this garbage.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 17, 2003
Has a very light yellow color with some carbonation and a light rice/grain smell. Taste has a light grain flavor and finishes a bit fizzy. Overall I am not a fan of light beers, but I guess this one is ok because it won't make you fat...

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Gunshy (479) - Ohio, USA - MAY 13, 2003
I decided to give this a try at a work get together where I wouldn't be stuck buying a whole six pack of the stuff. It poured a very pale straw color and formed a white foamy head that left trace lace as it quickly subsided. A small amount of carbonation is present. An aroma of grain with an almost chemical aspect to it. A flavor of grain. The finish is just too tart/bitter/etc. to really recommend this beer at all.

Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 11, 2003
Watery. I mean no body whatsoever; it deserves a zero for palate. Head dissipates immediately, leaving a yellowish fluid that somehow makes me imagine that someone carbonated cat pee and bottled it as a joke.

beerhead1980 (9) - kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - MAY 10, 2003 does not count
i serriously thought it was a joke when i first tried this. this is way way to light of a beer had some hoppines to it but my god...... is this where the world is really headed in america. if my grandpa were alive to see me have this he'd bitch slap me then pop open a pabst and drive his devestated ass off a clif.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
zborgerd (187) - Illinois, USA - MAY 9, 2003
How can the ladies drink this stuff? I've heard a few of them that actually *like* this stuff. Frankly, if you are trying to loose the tummy, one beer probably won't matter over another. Why bother? It's highly carbonated, like a soda. It's weak and tastes like bitter water. Really. It's bad. My name for this horrible liquid is "A beer for people that don't like beer". And that's all it is. The only reason that I didn't rate it quite as low as some of my other least favorite beers is because there is absolutely no flavor in this brew. It merely exists. It's not horrible, but it's not good either. And don't even try to smell this beer. It smells pretty funky.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
weisinator (67) - USA - MAY 9, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 15, 2005 According to Weight Watchers "Winning Points" calculations, Michelob Ultra is 2 points a serving, while most beers are 3 points a serving. You’re not gaining much ground in your weight loss efforts by torturing your taste buds with this stuff. Ultra gets 2/20 because they convinced me to try it through marketing hype. Thankfully the low-carb fad is going away, hopefully A-B will put some research into making a beer that actually tastes good as opposed to slick marketing for a product that only serves to get you wasted.

0.9
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
gws57 (1275) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - MAY 7, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 4, 2006 Bottled, for what it’s worth. This stuff is utterly flavorless. Weak all around, it has an alcohol kick however. Drinkable, but why bother?