overall
n/a

RATINGS: 1283   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.1   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: Pale two-row and Munich six-row barley, select grains, all imported hops and a pure cultured yeast strain.
Introduced in 2002.
Michelob Ultra, the new low-carb light beer with taste smooth enough to carry the Michelob name.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
kumite56 (473) - Cordova, Tennessee, USA - MAR 11, 2003
Well if you have to have a "Diet" beer I guess this is better than nothing. Why bother though. Crisp and clean. But so is water.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
jennythenipper (74) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - MAR 10, 2003
This is the worst beer I've ever had. Not worth the tiny reduction in calories and carbs from Amstel Light. This makes the disapointing Sam Adams light seem full-bodied and delicious by comparison. The bartender at our local claims that Busch Light is actually worse. I don't wanna find out.

jkeller (4) - jacksonville, Florida, USA - MAR 9, 2003 does not count
This is the worst tasting beer, if I can include taste at all, I have ever had. It is so watered down and disgusting.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Nuffield (3835) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - MAR 9, 2003
I had this side by side with Amstel Light (a colleague of mine bought this just to tease me about beer, although he is on a low-carb diet and so happily finished a good part of a six-pack). I was stunned at how EXTRAORDINARILY pale this was. I've never seen a beer this pale, and even Amstel Light looked rich and malty by comparison. There was virtually no flavor. I've said that before for other light beers and American Standards, but this is at a whole new level of lightness. We were talking around the table about fantasy baseball players and the emphasis was on "value"--so I asked, at this point, why drink Ultra when tap water would appear to be better value? The best you can say for this beer is that it is not offensive, because there is simply nothing in this beer other than water.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Panzuriel (1427) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - MAR 8, 2003
Oh holy crap. Thin watery nasty weak piss poor and coming dangerously close to the only beer I couldn't finish. I did it though. I agree that there are much better light beers out there. THis one is very light in color, flavor, thin in texture, watery and finishes somewhere in the middle with little aftertaste.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
JK (4955) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - MAR 5, 2003
Michelob light isn't a bad light beer, but they sucked all of the aroma and any flavor out of this to cut a few calories. Reminded me of Miller lite. Even if you want light beer you can do better than this.

OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - FEB 28, 2003
UPDATED: APR 12, 2004 This crap sucks i wouldn't drink it again if it was given to me. You might as well buy a case of water.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
beerluvindave (194) - Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 23, 2003
It's like water, with a beer taste... The commercials are cool, but that's about the best part about this beer, if you want to call it that... better off getting the original Michelob and then running off the calories.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
ARMed (622) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 22, 2003
If you can't drink beer and need a quick fix is about all this is good for. Not a beer but a near beer.

pwyman (71) - Hubert, North Carolina, USA - FEB 20, 2003
Looked and tasted like water. I wouldn't drink it again if it was given to me.