overall
n/a

RATINGS: 1312   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.11/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: Pale two-row and Munich six-row barley, select grains, all imported hops and a pure cultured yeast strain.
Introduced in 2002.
Michelob Ultra, the new low-carb light beer with taste smooth enough to carry the Michelob name.

Aggie80 (808) - Michigan, USA - MAR 29, 2003
I opened this bottle with very low expectations. It failed to live up to them. The color was as close to pale piss yellow as any I've ever seen. No head. No Lace. No flavor. No aroma. Water with a touch of alcohol added and terrible aftertaste. Don't waste your money! If I want a kick, I'll just drink a scotch.

Elbender (6) - atlanta, Georgia, USA - MAR 27, 2003 does not count
Great marketing, terrible beer. AB taking advantage of all the low carb diet freaks. Not much to say about this beer----- water with bad after taste

roder60 (1289) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 27, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 31, 2003 I gave it a try after hearing my parents rave about this beer for weeks. Honesty, I feel extremely ashamed of my parents poor taste. This stuff looks and tastes like dirty water. The lack of carbination takes the flavor and fun out of drinking a beer. If i want something that goes down like water, I'll purchase a beer with a tad bit more flavor and some added carbination. AKA Coors Light

Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 23, 2003
Uhhhh.....is this beer? It sure doesn't taste like it. No aroma, no color, no taste. Well, there is some taste but it's not very good. This beer flat out sucks. It's really bad. It's not even good for washing down pretzels. Blah!!! Don't waste your money on this one.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
crazyvin (2026) - New York, USA - MAR 22, 2003
Horrible smell! Just plain horrible, the taste was like coors light but somewhat better. Typicall american standard white head. smooth finish.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Norton (333) - Southside, Richmond, Virginia, USA - MAR 22, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 1, 2003 I finally got a chance to try this when my housemate dragged home a 12pk. I was prepared for the worst, but honestly, this isn't nearly the worst beer I have ever had (see: Corona, Bud/Bud Light, Iron City, any Femsa product, any Coors product) Crisp mouthfeel. Very dry finish with a weird watery aftertaste, if that makes sense. Reminded me of old Bud Dry from back in the day. It's not skunky (like Corona) it's not bloaty (like Bud) but it's nothing I wouldn't drink again if presented with one. It is what it is - drinkable ULTRA-light semi-schwag but in a pinch, it actually works.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 20, 2003
You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Shag (2834) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - MAR 20, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 31, 2004 Is this really beer? Here’s how to save money and still acheive the Ultra taste. Buy 6 pack of Bud/Miller/Coors. Fill glass half way with beer, mix other half with water. Presto, you have a 12 pack of Michelob Ultra. This is for people on the Atkins diet and nothing else. Its not bad beer, its bad water!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
sethdude (706) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAR 18, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 3, 2003 Pours clear as water, some very white head which diminishes very quickly, weak aroma, smells like corn. Tastes like bottled water, with an Anheuser-ish aftertaste. Slight malt flavor on the end. My buddy is on the Atkins diet, and was drinking this, so i tried one. Not a good idea. I'll keep my beer gut to save myself from this.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
kumite56 (473) - Cordova, Tennessee, USA - MAR 11, 2003
Well if you have to have a "Diet" beer I guess this is better than nothing. Why bother though. Crisp and clean. But so is water.