overall
n/a

RATINGS: 1245   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.09   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Bottle: Filtered.
Ingredients: Pale two-row and Munich six-row barley, select grains, all imported hops and a pure cultured yeast strain.
Introduced in 2002.
Michelob Ultra, the new low-carb light beer with taste smooth enough to carry the Michelob name.

0.6
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - OCT 26, 2002
Well, I was expecting to describe how awful this tasted, but the fact is, it hardly had any taste at all. Very thin and overly carbonated - you might expect some head with all that, but no. It really tasted like seltzer water.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
ElGaucho (2188) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - OCT 26, 2002
I hesitated actually purchasing an Anheuser Busch product, but figured buying one bottle at a bar was cheaper than buying a 6-pack at a liquor store. I’ll have to admit, the advertising sucked me in, in addition to the fact I heard on the radio that stores were sold out of it. I guess for somebody on a low carb diet this would be the beer of choice. The best things I can say about it are A) I love the label and B) It has an attractive, champagne-like pale gold color and a fine, white bubble head. Aesthetics aside, it has an above average taste for a light beer. Will I buy it again? Not for myself, but perhaps for less discerning house guests.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
MissingSmithwicks99 (13) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - OCT 25, 2002
When put into the proper perspective that this is an *ultra-light* beer and the fact that it’s purpose is to avoid carbs and calories, then this beer isn’t terrible. Better than O’Douls but not as good as "The Beast". That about sums it up.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Braudog (5574) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - OCT 24, 2002
Barely any color at all. Starchy aroma. A flavor that’s vaguely reminiscent of beer. Low carbs; low beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Vac (2445) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 24, 2002
UPDATED: JUN 25, 2003 Very Very pale yellow, practically colorless with no head or lace. Very distant aroma that is somewhat sweet and malty. Sour bitter flavor. More like a bad water than a beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Duffbeer (192) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 23, 2002
This really isn’t that bad. It’s a lot better than most domestic lights.

0.9
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - OCT 22, 2002
Great company (just the 3 kids and me) on a trip to Pizza Hut in a Book It! celebration. Not a great beer. Some actual malt components in the aroma. I think.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Inveigler (371) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - OCT 22, 2002
Generally, I am fairly forgiving of the American Light/Standard style. I like these beers pulled out of an icy cooler on a hot summer day. I cannot, however, forgive this beer for its many faults. There is a strange dead tone to its malt and hop characteristics. Some cardboard flavor. Hops lend a sourness rather than bitterness. This truly tasted like carbonated water hinting at malts and hops.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
beastdog75 (362) - Brick, New Jersey, USA - OCT 21, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 16, 2004 The stuff smells pretty skunky (and I had the canned version). The taste isn't repulsive: it's just not there. One of the lightest light beers out there.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kevbo99 (149) - Dunmore, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 20, 2002
I usually do not give any credit to swill brewers but this one is a winner. it tastes so absolutly clean and it refreshed me like no other domestic large brewed beer. Ya did alright michelob