Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 475   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.37/5   EST. CALORIES: 128   ABV: 4.25%
Celis White has been revived by Michigan Brewing Company with the blessing of its founder and his daughter, Christine Celis. The original Celis White, brewed in Austin, TX by Pierre Celis during the early and mid 1990’s, ceased production when Mr. Celis closed his Austin microbrewery and moved to Belgium.

In 2002, Michigan Brewing Company acquired Celis, and Celis beers were back in production. Michigan Brewing continued the production of Celis beers until its closure in 2012. In June 2012, the Celis trademark made its way back to the Celis family. In 2014, Christine Celis began having Pierre Celis’ original recipes brewed at Two Roads Brewery in Connecticut.

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - NOV 19, 2003
I think many people including myself were confused by the listing thus I moved my vote to this one and so should you. The box of the so called retired one is the same thus the confusion. THE BEST EVER! I love this beer and let me tell you it is liquid gold. Ok take your best bottle of Hoegarrden and mix it with a little bananna and vanilia and vollia the worlds best beer. Complex sweet good as a great meal or a great date. I have waited to years to try this and was not disapointed. Can you tell I like this beer!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Flounder99 (5) - Secaucus, New Jersey, USA - SEP 25, 2002 does not count
God I love this beer!! I can say no more about it. Oh yeah maybe , YUM!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
eldiablito99 (5) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 28, 2002 does not count
At one time this was my favorite beer. I wish it was still around. I hope someday Celis comes back...sniff..sniff...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Damico (3003) - Royersford, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 5, 2008
I love the typical belgian white ale flavor of this microbrew. It’s smell and flavor are strong and a little sweeter than that of a true belgian like Hoegaarden.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
dolemike1 (1288) - Jeannette, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 12, 2001
great spicy flavor, not as cloudy as other white or wheat beers, but definitely one of the best i have had

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
JMerritt (1902) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - APR 29, 2001
UPDATED: JUL 10, 2003 One of the first beers I ever had, so it is of course one of my personal favorites. Nice fruity undertones and a pleasant aroma. Make sure to try this stuff if you can get your hands on it.!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
joet (2434) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - AUG 13, 2001
A truly great beer. Best in its class for me. So sad to learn of Celis demise in Austin!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
TT99 (2) - NETHERLANDS - JAN 2, 2002 does not count
Exceptionally nice beer. Very refreshing

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Norton (333) - Southside, Richmond, Virginia, USA - SEP 11, 2002
UPDATED: JUN 5, 2003 Ooooh! Wow! Such a beautiful white! Try without the lemon - this is delicious. If you have the chance to drink off-tap, DO IT! You WILL NOT be disappointed! Well-balanced wheat flavorings and smells absolutely wonderful. One of my all-time favorites. Highly drinkable any time, any place, anywhere.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jstraw (1946) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 19, 2008
Straw with good, foamy white head / Nose of banana, perfume, and spice / Medium body, good balance and finish / Flavors of banana, cream, perfume, orange peel, clove, and wheat / Textbook.