RATINGS: 125   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
daboskabouter (1470) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 13, 2003
Bright orange color. Interesting nose, reminded me of barbecue sauce although I’m sure it must have had the same spices as the bbq sauce I’m used to. Hints of nutmeg and I think ginger in there as well. The body is clean and spicey, again the nutmeg and ginger. Can’t say I noticed any pumpkin tastes, but there were some candyish hop notes. Maybe they were getting more as the halloween theme. Defenitely a little less spiced than some other pumpkin ales I’ve had, which is a good thing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
pauliefrog99 (302) - FLINT, Michigan, USA - NOV 16, 2002
No head in the pour. Pumpkin aroma. Not much hops.Pumpkin and ginger taste comes on strong. It was a good spiced ale.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
softale (188) - Michigan, USA - OCT 19, 2002
Hmmmmmmmm. This is Screamin’ Pumpkin by MBC I hope it’s the same one. But this stuff is pretty bad whatever it’s called. Aroma is something akin to pumpkin pie splashed with Old Spice. Tastes even worse than it smells. The only good thing about it is I only bought the one bottle!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Inveigler (371) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - MAR 5, 2002
The 2001 year was the best pumpkin that MBC has brewed to date. I thought the pumpkin spices (ginger especially) created an excellent complexity in this beer. Best yet: They have it on sale at the brewery for $10 a case. This deal is fantastic!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
P-tor44 (886) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - JUL 16, 2001
Pumpkin Pie aroma. No hops present. Strong Pumpkin/Malt Finish. Ruby color. Nothing compared to the New Holland Icabod pumpkin ale, but maybe its tasting pumpkin ales in July thats the problem