overall
Brewed at Lervig Aktiebryggeri

Style: Stout
Copenhagen, Denmark

RATINGS: 2045   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.1   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Recent batch of this has been brewed by Mikkeller at Nøgne Ø. Has also been brewed at Gourmetbryggeriet, Denmark. From 2013, brewed at Lervig.

English: An oatmeal stout with 25.0% oat-based ingredients and a nice touch of gourmet coffee. A beer that goes extremely well with breakfast.
Ingredients : Water, malt (pils, oat, smoked, caramunich, brown, pale chocolate and chocolate), roasted barley, flaked oats, hops (centennial and cascade), ale yeast and gourmet coffee.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mhelgason (495) - Salem, Oregon, USA - OCT 13, 2007
bomber. lets start out with a statement "this is now my favorite stout easily". average to small brown head that dissapated quickly. motor oil black body. aromas of chocolate, coffee, toasted malts, and some light hops. velvety mouthfeel and damn the finish lasts forever. moderate to thick body. dry texture. if you like stouts try this one!

MI2CA (1340) - Noblesville, Indiana, USA - OCT 9, 2007
22oz - Indy tasting Sept 07 - Aroma is strong roasted fresh coffee and dark malts. Pours black with a small head and good lacing. Flavor is very tasty chocolate with roasted dark malts, oats and coffee. Palate is creamy and smooth. A perfect coffee stout.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JoeM500 (1905) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - OCT 9, 2007
Full bottle. One of the best coffee aromas I have had from a stout. Poured a bit lighter bodied than I expected. Black, near opaque with 3/4 inch of frothy brown head. Nose was HUGE and 2 days later, the bottle here still smells great! Medium bodied and full of robust roasted coffe flavors, sweet chocolates and a bit of nutty dryness and super-dry esspresso roastiness at the finish. Thin, but so easily drinkable at this weight and much more flavor than any beer at this gravity I have ever tasted. Because it isn’t as huge as Founders and Dieu de Ciel, I could see this as a regular beer in my fridge. One of the best beers I have had in a long, long time. Please make more and somehow get these babaies to Chicago!!!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
t4h2c0 (90) - seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 8, 2007
I had a sample out the bottle at SIB and in my opinion this beer did not stand up to all the hype. Pretty light for a stout and flavor is not over the top. Good summer stout. I think the hype comes from it being somewhat rare.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
alexanderj (3318) - Branson, Missouri, USA - OCT 8, 2007
Bottle; thanks to kleyland and kieferuga for getting and bringing this to me. Poured a dark black with a good sized brown head. Aroma of coffee, nuts, caramel, and bread. Complex flavor; slightly watery palate, but I found that it work. Flavor is just great; dominated by roasted malt, chocolate, and coffee. Light element of floral hops at the end and a milk/oatmeal sweetness. Fine example of the style.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
beerbrat99 (132) - Shanghai, CHINA - OCT 8, 2007
A wonderful dark robust head. This baby is flavorful! Nice chocolate, coffee and some mild nuttiness in the palate. I imagine this beer is somewhat dated but I was very impressed with it and can only hope to have it again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
kyzr (1152) - Belgrade, Montana, USA - OCT 7, 2007
Dark as dark can be, with brown head. Espresso, spice and chocolate on the nose. At first, I got a lot of coffee, and once my palate got used to it, a little smoke, chocolate and spice. Mouthfeel is great, with each drink getting better and better!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Joel (10) - Massachusetts, USA - OCT 7, 2007
Deep black color with average sized brown head that diminished quickly. Initially a taste of dark chocolate and coffee. Finishes with significant hops bitterness. Not overly sweet nor bitter. Very well balanced, a lot of complexity.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Naven (1000) - Poway, California, USA - OCT 7, 2007
22 oz bomber from a couple different trades. Thanks. Dark, somewhat watery appearance. Aroma is coffee (duh). Smells like iced coffee. Flavor is much of the same. Mouthfeel is watery. Moderate alcohol level is well hidden. Pretty decent for the style. A mild let down.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
joe1510 (501) - Illinois, USA - OCT 6, 2007
22oz Bomber $12.99 West Lakeview Beer Geek Breakfast pours midnight black on a moonless night. No light pushes through the body of this beer. A two finger brown head rises on the pour and fades to a skimming leaving lacing on its way down. Thick silky patchy lacing is left behind after each sip. Aroma begins with a roasty maltiness and a touch of lactic. Moderate room temp. coffee comes through in the middle along with something that reminds me of crayons. Piney and spicy hops along with bakers chocolate and a lactic quality come through on the backend. The aroma is very nice but a little more subdued than I would’ve liked. Roasty malts kick things off and play a major role throughout. A little hop spiciness comes through in the middl getting even spicier with a quick flash of alcohol. Coffee bean, bakers chocolate and that mild lactic quality show themselves on the end along with a nice wave of mildly piney and spicy hops. Excellent flavor! Mouthfeel may be a little on the thin side but I’m still undecided. It’s thinner than I’d expect but I like it quite a bit. The more I sip the more I’m starting to dig the mouthfeel. Leaves a mild lingering hop and roasty malt bitterness. The thinner than expected mouthfeel makes this beer go down way too quickly. I keep having to slow myself down. Good beer from Mikkeller. I sampled this right after sampling a Founders breakfast stout. The two are totally different beasts and I like the direction both of them have taken. Hopefully I’ll be drinking some more Mikkeller brews in the future. 10/6/07