overall
Brewed by Mill St. Brewery
Style: American Pale Ale
Toronto, Canada

RATINGS: 471   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Like traditional pale ales, Tankhouse Ale has a deep copper-red colour. We use five different malts to produce a complex malty texture. The most dominant character of our Pale Ale is the hop. The spicy Cascades is used to give an assertive hop flavour, aroma and bitterness to our ale. The result is a satisfying and complex-tasting beer. Our brewmaster developed this recipe 20 years ago and it has remained his favorite drink of choice

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
henrikb (1259) - Aarhus, DENMARK - JUN 17, 2006
Clear amber-cobber body, very creamy head, some laces; Very big pleasant nose, comes out as soon as the bottle is opened, moderately hopped nose with sweet grapefruit and warmer notes like freshly baked white bread; Soft body, soft carbonation, a bit watery textured body; Very pleasant finish with a quite dry bitterness and a peanut like aroma. Incredibly pleasant beer brought to me radiomgb.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
JorisPPattyn (8202) - Ursel, BELGIUM - JUN 10, 2006
Foxy amber; good off-white creamy head. Gorgeous hoppy-grapey nose, dry, hay. Dry-bitterish with quite some sweetness underneath. Retronasal fully hoppy (USA hops). Medium bodied, certain slickness. Very good American amber ale. Not a hopmonster, but a fine well-hopped beer, with plenty to tell you. Thanks, TW.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jacktripper (20) - CANADA - JUN 4, 2006
Pours a fiery red with a lingering beige coloured head. Excellent spicy taste with a hint of orange and pine. Bitter finish leaves you wanting more. One of the finest Toronto-brewed beers around.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SDbruboy (1864) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 2, 2006
On draft at Volo. Arrived a nice clear amber with a long lasting beige head that left good lacing. Aroma of toasty malts with a bit of caramel, floral notes and light citrus in the hops. English style toasty maltiness and sweetness, with a balancing of herbal and floral hops with a hint of pine in the finish. Medium body and moderate carbonation. Pretty good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
rudolf (2342) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAY 31, 2006
UPDATED: JUN 29, 2006 Thanks to Doug & Mike for the bottle. Deep copper, slightly off-white head w. nice lacing. Nose is piney hops, some citrus, some fruits, pepper and a bit of toasted malt. Flavor is grapefruit rind, peppery iced tea, very bitter. Crystal malt butterscotch. Orangey piney finish. Quite nice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
beergut111 (210) - Berlin, GERMANY - MAY 26, 2006
A great Toronto beer! I love the spicy flavour. I drank a lot of this stuff last fall.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ughsmash (7253) - Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 22, 2006
Bottle thanks to HogTownHarry. Poured a clear medium caramel with a rather long-lived cap of off-white head. Lots of lovely lacing followed it down. Nose was of soapy citrus, caramel, and some woodsy maltage... wish it was just a tad stronger. Caramel and floral bittering hops give the first impression on the palate. Citrus and pine highlights found the edges of the tongue.. felt a little stale. Light-medium bodied with a solid level of bitterness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DarkStar22769 (100) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 21, 2006
Itís been a year since I first had this and I thought Iíd try it again. I was pleasantly, pleasantly surprised as I was on the search for a hoppy ale in Ontario. The aroma is sweetish with hints of the citrus others have commented on. The appearance is a strong copper red; I ruined my pour as I poured two into the large glass I had so the head was quite significant and long-lasting. Once both bottles were in the glass it was the moment I was waiting for...the taste. Iím disappointed I havenít had this more often...the taste was wonderfully rich as the malt evaporated into the crisp hoppiness. Each taste was similarly fulfilling as I worked my way to the bottom of the glass. THis might soon become my everyday standard.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DocLock (8250) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 18, 2006
Another awesome ale from my trade with Hogtown Harry. Deep copper pour, with creamy 2-finger off-white head. Aroma of caramel malt, noble hops, citrus, and cabernet. The flavor was piney hoppy and citric, with a form caramel malt and some tropical fruits. Silky palate. This is a very good ale, an ale Iíd gladly drink every day of the week.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mnurda (1177) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - MAY 15, 2006
A bit too malty for my liking. I was quite happy to see that Piscator agreed with my matiness scale.