overall
Brewed by Mill St. Brewery
Style: American Pale Ale
Toronto, Canada

RATINGS: 474   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Like traditional pale ales, Tankhouse Ale has a deep copper-red colour. We use five different malts to produce a complex malty texture. The most dominant character of our Pale Ale is the hop. The spicy Cascades is used to give an assertive hop flavour, aroma and bitterness to our ale. The result is a satisfying and complex-tasting beer. Our brewmaster developed this recipe 20 years ago and it has remained his favorite drink of choice

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DarkStar22769 (100) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 21, 2006
Its been a year since I first had this and I thought Id try it again. I was pleasantly, pleasantly surprised as I was on the search for a hoppy ale in Ontario. The aroma is sweetish with hints of the citrus others have commented on. The appearance is a strong copper red; I ruined my pour as I poured two into the large glass I had so the head was quite significant and long-lasting. Once both bottles were in the glass it was the moment I was waiting for...the taste. Im disappointed I havent had this more often...the taste was wonderfully rich as the malt evaporated into the crisp hoppiness. Each taste was similarly fulfilling as I worked my way to the bottom of the glass. THis might soon become my everyday standard.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DocLock (8376) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 18, 2006
Another awesome ale from my trade with Hogtown Harry. Deep copper pour, with creamy 2-finger off-white head. Aroma of caramel malt, noble hops, citrus, and cabernet. The flavor was piney hoppy and citric, with a form caramel malt and some tropical fruits. Silky palate. This is a very good ale, an ale Id gladly drink every day of the week.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mnurda (1182) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - MAY 15, 2006
A bit too malty for my liking. I was quite happy to see that Piscator agreed with my matiness scale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Thaichile (599) - 10aFly, New Jersey, USA - MAY 3, 2006
Bottle. Pours a deep amber color with average head. Scents of hops on the nose. Pleasently bitter throughout but not overwhelming mixed with a malty caramel sweetness. Nice piney hop presence as well, but perhaps a too thin body. Pretty good though. Bottle thanks to Blankboy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
piscator34 (2081) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - MAY 1, 2006
Dark amber on colour with medium carbonation. Strong c-hop aroma notes, with the pine element being especially pronounced (think fresh cut pine, as opposed to a pine forest). Solid bitterness backs up the lightly sweet (yet somewhat uninteresting) malt flavors. Some of the spicy and citrus fruity flavor notes provide some interest. An above average pale ale, but just not that special.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerMountie (117) - Placentia, Newfoundland, CANADA - APR 28, 2006
Bottle obtained in trade with Mr. Manning. Pours a beautiful dark amber colour with a thick tan head. Aroma of Hops which are also in the taste at just the right amount. There is also some sweet malt in the flavour. A very good beer which I must try and pickup the next time I am in Ontario.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - APR 15, 2006
This is quite tasty. Flavors fighting over dominance on your palate. Sweet maltiness, and a delicate balance of spicy hops. Rich caramel and some sweet pie crust. Nice lacing, that just coats the entire glass like a solid sticky sheet. Very enjoyable

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Tessic (918) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - APR 12, 2006
This ale pours a nice dark amber colour with a creamy tan head. I can get a little floral fruityness to the nose, maybe figs? First taste was very good with nice hoppy flavour with caramel and ??? Slightly bitter on the finish with the hops shining through on the palate on the end.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
fiulijn (16144) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - APR 11, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 4, 2007 2007-09-22, bottle at Stockholm Beer Festival, 7-4-7-3-13=34
Beautiful red-amber color. Too cold, but then some nice caramel and hop aroma, comes out, a bit fruity and resiny. The body is a bit harsh, almost dry, even if not strong enough, with some caramel flavor and a good hopping. Not bad, but also not convincing.

2006-01-27, bottle, 6-3-7-4-13=33
Amber color. Balanced Amber Ale, with a good caramel character, quite bitter, malty, roasted touch.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
hopdog (9588) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 4, 2006
12oz bottle acquired in trade with BlankBoy (thanks!). Poured a medium and see through amber color with a huge (5 finger) sized off white head. Aromas of caramel, citrus, biscuity, lightly spicy and all around earthy. Tastes of caramel, citrus, lightly spicy, and lightly grassy. Body a tad on the thinner side.