Brewed by Mill St. Brewery (AB InBev)
Style: American Pale Ale
Toronto, Canada

RATINGS: 487   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Like traditional pale ales, Tankhouse Ale has a deep copper-red colour. We use five different malts to produce a complex malty texture. The most dominant character of our Pale Ale is the hop. The spicy Cascades is used to give an assertive hop flavour, aroma and bitterness to our ale. The result is a satisfying and complex-tasting beer. Our brewmaster developed this recipe 20 years ago and it has remained his favorite drink of choice

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
rudolf (2345) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAY 31, 2006
UPDATED: JUN 29, 2006 Thanks to Doug & Mike for the bottle. Deep copper, slightly off-white head w. nice lacing. Nose is piney hops, some citrus, some fruits, pepper and a bit of toasted malt. Flavor is grapefruit rind, peppery iced tea, very bitter. Crystal malt butterscotch. Orangey piney finish. Quite nice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
beergut111 (210) - Berlin, GERMANY - MAY 26, 2006
A great Toronto beer! I love the spicy flavour. I drank a lot of this stuff last fall.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ughsmash (7426) - Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 22, 2006
Bottle thanks to HogTownHarry. Poured a clear medium caramel with a rather long-lived cap of off-white head. Lots of lovely lacing followed it down. Nose was of soapy citrus, caramel, and some woodsy maltage... wish it was just a tad stronger. Caramel and floral bittering hops give the first impression on the palate. Citrus and pine highlights found the edges of the tongue.. felt a little stale. Light-medium bodied with a solid level of bitterness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DarkStar22769 (100) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 21, 2006
It’s been a year since I first had this and I thought I’d try it again. I was pleasantly, pleasantly surprised as I was on the search for a hoppy ale in Ontario. The aroma is sweetish with hints of the citrus others have commented on. The appearance is a strong copper red; I ruined my pour as I poured two into the large glass I had so the head was quite significant and long-lasting. Once both bottles were in the glass it was the moment I was waiting for...the taste. I’m disappointed I haven’t had this more often...the taste was wonderfully rich as the malt evaporated into the crisp hoppiness. Each taste was similarly fulfilling as I worked my way to the bottom of the glass. THis might soon become my everyday standard.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DocLock (8798) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 18, 2006
Another awesome ale from my trade with Hogtown Harry. Deep copper pour, with creamy 2-finger off-white head. Aroma of caramel malt, noble hops, citrus, and cabernet. The flavor was piney hoppy and citric, with a form caramel malt and some tropical fruits. Silky palate. This is a very good ale, an ale I’d gladly drink every day of the week.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mnurda (1214) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - MAY 15, 2006
A bit too malty for my liking. I was quite happy to see that Piscator agreed with my matiness scale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Thaichile (599) - 10aFly, New Jersey, USA - MAY 3, 2006
Bottle. Pours a deep amber color with average head. Scents of hops on the nose. Pleasently bitter throughout but not overwhelming mixed with a malty caramel sweetness. Nice piney hop presence as well, but perhaps a too thin body. Pretty good though. Bottle thanks to Blankboy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
piscator34 (2181) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - MAY 1, 2006
Dark amber on colour with medium carbonation. Strong c-hop aroma notes, with the pine element being especially pronounced (think fresh cut pine, as opposed to a pine forest). Solid bitterness backs up the lightly sweet (yet somewhat uninteresting) malt flavors. Some of the spicy and citrus fruity flavor notes provide some interest. An above average pale ale, but just not that special.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerMountie (117) - Placentia, Newfoundland, CANADA - APR 28, 2006
Bottle obtained in trade with Mr. Manning. Pours a beautiful dark amber colour with a thick tan head. Aroma of Hops which are also in the taste at just the right amount. There is also some sweet malt in the flavour. A very good beer which I must try and pickup the next time I am in Ontario.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - APR 15, 2006
This is quite tasty. Flavors fighting over dominance on your palate. Sweet maltiness, and a delicate balance of spicy hops. Rich caramel and some sweet pie crust. Nice lacing, that just coats the entire glass like a solid sticky sheet. Very enjoyable