Brewed by Mill St. Brewery
Style: American Pale Ale
Toronto, Canada

RATINGS: 482   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Like traditional pale ales, Tankhouse Ale has a deep copper-red colour. We use five different malts to produce a complex malty texture. The most dominant character of our Pale Ale is the hop. The spicy Cascades is used to give an assertive hop flavour, aroma and bitterness to our ale. The result is a satisfying and complex-tasting beer. Our brewmaster developed this recipe 20 years ago and it has remained his favorite drink of choice

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
chainman (104) - Ontario, CANADA - JUL 28, 2009
I am not being one bit generous when I say this is a near-perfect ale. No wonder this is becoming a staple in many bars around Toronto, and slowly spreading its fingers outward. Mill Street has a fantastic beer here.
Appearance is a flawless deep amber. Decent lacing, minimal head. Aroma is hops, a bit of dark fruit and some chocolate. Taste is very hoppy, but unlike so many others, the hops are expertly balanced with some malts that bring through a gritty cocoa character.
I could not recommend a better all-around beer for people who know their beer. Good for any weather, and very refreshing. I feel fortunate that I can buy this stuff almost anywhere.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Macadem (103) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 13, 2009
A nice hoppy aroma on this, with slight toffee. Taste is a little weak though, with english tea, hops and malt. Pours dark amber with a frothy white head. The carbonation gives it a nice full mouthfeel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Snot19kilo (103) - Illinois, USA - MAR 26, 2010
Thanks to Jester for this beer. Pours deep amber with a lazy white head. Aroma is mild floral hopes and a bit of sweet malt. Flavor sweet and citrus a good balance of citrus hops and a sweet malt. A pretty good beer

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DarkStar22769 (100) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 21, 2006
It’s been a year since I first had this and I thought I’d try it again. I was pleasantly, pleasantly surprised as I was on the search for a hoppy ale in Ontario. The aroma is sweetish with hints of the citrus others have commented on. The appearance is a strong copper red; I ruined my pour as I poured two into the large glass I had so the head was quite significant and long-lasting. Once both bottles were in the glass it was the moment I was waiting for...the taste. I’m disappointed I haven’t had this more often...the taste was wonderfully rich as the malt evaporated into the crisp hoppiness. Each taste was similarly fulfilling as I worked my way to the bottom of the glass. THis might soon become my everyday standard.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerEssential (96) - Massachusetts, USA - AUG 5, 2008
Pours a dark brown with an off-white head. The aroma is of roasted nuts and coffee. Taste of bitter hops and some spice. Quite carbonated. A very good local beer from Toronto which has quite a following around the area.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
97hill (96) - - NOV 4, 2014
Can from the beer store. I have had this before but it has been a while. Nice colour, not much hop, but malty and smooth for sure. A touch on the sweet side, which works from time to time. For sure the best thing @ the moment from Mill Street

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Illuminatus (92) - Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 26, 2008
341mL bottle from the LCBO. Pours orange with a white head, leaves plenty of lacing. Aroma of soapy, citrussy hops. Strong dry malt backbone, plenty of hops over top. Good mouthfeel. Tends to change a bit between batches, some times a bit hoppier than others.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
JesseMartineau (89) - Alberta, CANADA - AUG 7, 2014
341ml bottle. Pours copper thick off white head good lacing. Aromas of pepper, bread, toast malt, biscuit. Taste malty, spice, caramel. Finishes a touch dry. Very nice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ketail (86) - Quebec, CANADA - MAR 6, 2014
Bu le 6 mars 2014. Œil: cuivré avec légère mousse éphémère. Arôme: floral et caramel. Goût: caramel léger et houblon subtil. Sucre: 3. Amertume: 2. Arrière-goût: 2. Note: 4/5

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
FlashParker (85) - Ontario, CANADA - JAN 19, 2011
Bottle. Innisfil, Ontario. Great copper colur. Plenty of bubbles, great carbonation. Plenty of head. Aroma - Not an overpowering APA, great pine scent. Hoppy flavour is not overpower, somewhere in between Sierra Nevada and Hoptical Illusion. This is a plus and a negative, depending how hard you like your APA. Great dryness, sweet malty finish. Ontario craft brewers know how to do the APA/IPA... if only they could translate that to their other beers!