Brewed by Mill St. Brewery (AB InBev)
Style: American Pale Ale
Toronto, Canada

RATINGS: 487   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Like traditional pale ales, Tankhouse Ale has a deep copper-red colour. We use five different malts to produce a complex malty texture. The most dominant character of our Pale Ale is the hop. The spicy Cascades is used to give an assertive hop flavour, aroma and bitterness to our ale. The result is a satisfying and complex-tasting beer. Our brewmaster developed this recipe 20 years ago and it has remained his favorite drink of choice

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Lady_Bastet (113) - Burlington, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 12, 2010
From the bottle. Pours a nice deep amber colour with a frothy, tan, 1 1/2 finger head. Aroma of grass and hay. Pronounced bitterness at the front, slowly dissipating into a quiet finish. Medium body with nice, full mouthfeel, lively carbonation and good personality. I like this ale more and more each time I drink it...Highly recommended.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Commodore (112) - Ontario, CANADA - JUL 20, 2006
Pours a nice amber colour with ephemeral head. Excellent yeasty smell - taste is quite hoppy and bitter. A nice dry finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
GoLdFiNgEr (111) - La PocatiŤre, Quebec, CANADA - OCT 26, 2012
Biere brune a 5,2% alc. En 341 ml. Odeur de malt caramélisé. Faible présence de houblon. Excellent goût de caramel brulé. Effervescence moyenne et mousse absente. Léger goût d'epices. Biere surprenante! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gravelle (104) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 17, 2009
Dark amber with an off white head, great lacing. Aroma reveals a nutty maltiness and a tonne of hops. The malts, supporting hops. Really great balanced beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
chainman (104) - Ontario, CANADA - JUL 28, 2009
I am not being one bit generous when I say this is a near-perfect ale. No wonder this is becoming a staple in many bars around Toronto, and slowly spreading its fingers outward. Mill Street has a fantastic beer here.
Appearance is a flawless deep amber. Decent lacing, minimal head. Aroma is hops, a bit of dark fruit and some chocolate. Taste is very hoppy, but unlike so many others, the hops are expertly balanced with some malts that bring through a gritty cocoa character.
I could not recommend a better all-around beer for people who know their beer. Good for any weather, and very refreshing. I feel fortunate that I can buy this stuff almost anywhere.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Wheatsheaf (104) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 29, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 27, 2004 Bottle. Reddish-orange with a small, disappearing head. Flowery hop aroma. Light to medium body with an emphasis on hop flavors. Citrusy and piney, mildly astringent, with some light maltiness in the background. Relatively abrupt finish. A good, hoppy ale that is a welcome addition to the under-hopped Ontario market. Ever so slightly disappointing, but only because it doesnít quite fulfill itís potential to be a very nice American-style pale ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Macadem (103) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 13, 2009
A nice hoppy aroma on this, with slight toffee. Taste is a little weak though, with english tea, hops and malt. Pours dark amber with a frothy white head. The carbonation gives it a nice full mouthfeel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Snot19kilo (103) - Illinois, USA - MAR 26, 2010
Thanks to Jester for this beer. Pours deep amber with a lazy white head. Aroma is mild floral hopes and a bit of sweet malt. Flavor sweet and citrus a good balance of citrus hops and a sweet malt. A pretty good beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
97hill (101) - - NOV 4, 2014
Can from the beer store. I have had this before but it has been a while. Nice colour, not much hop, but malty and smooth for sure. A touch on the sweet side, which works from time to time. For sure the best thing @ the moment from Mill Street

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DarkStar22769 (100) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 21, 2006
Itís been a year since I first had this and I thought Iíd try it again. I was pleasantly, pleasantly surprised as I was on the search for a hoppy ale in Ontario. The aroma is sweetish with hints of the citrus others have commented on. The appearance is a strong copper red; I ruined my pour as I poured two into the large glass I had so the head was quite significant and long-lasting. Once both bottles were in the glass it was the moment I was waiting for...the taste. Iím disappointed I havenít had this more often...the taste was wonderfully rich as the malt evaporated into the crisp hoppiness. Each taste was similarly fulfilling as I worked my way to the bottom of the glass. THis might soon become my everyday standard.