overall
Brewed by Mill St. Brewery
Style: American Pale Ale
Toronto, Canada

RATINGS: 478   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Like traditional pale ales, Tankhouse Ale has a deep copper-red colour. We use five different malts to produce a complex malty texture. The most dominant character of our Pale Ale is the hop. The spicy Cascades is used to give an assertive hop flavour, aroma and bitterness to our ale. The result is a satisfying and complex-tasting beer. Our brewmaster developed this recipe 20 years ago and it has remained his favorite drink of choice

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DarkStar22769 (100) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 21, 2006
Itís been a year since I first had this and I thought Iíd try it again. I was pleasantly, pleasantly surprised as I was on the search for a hoppy ale in Ontario. The aroma is sweetish with hints of the citrus others have commented on. The appearance is a strong copper red; I ruined my pour as I poured two into the large glass I had so the head was quite significant and long-lasting. Once both bottles were in the glass it was the moment I was waiting for...the taste. Iím disappointed I havenít had this more often...the taste was wonderfully rich as the malt evaporated into the crisp hoppiness. Each taste was similarly fulfilling as I worked my way to the bottom of the glass. THis might soon become my everyday standard.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerEssential (96) - Massachusetts, USA - AUG 5, 2008
Pours a dark brown with an off-white head. The aroma is of roasted nuts and coffee. Taste of bitter hops and some spice. Quite carbonated. A very good local beer from Toronto which has quite a following around the area.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Illuminatus (92) - Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 26, 2008
341mL bottle from the LCBO. Pours orange with a white head, leaves plenty of lacing. Aroma of soapy, citrussy hops. Strong dry malt backbone, plenty of hops over top. Good mouthfeel. Tends to change a bit between batches, some times a bit hoppier than others.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
97hill (92) - - NOV 4, 2014
Can from the beer store. I have had this before but it has been a while. Nice colour, not much hop, but malty and smooth for sure. A touch on the sweet side, which works from time to time. For sure the best thing @ the moment from Mill Street

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
JesseMartineau (89) - Alberta, CANADA - AUG 7, 2014
341ml bottle. Pours copper thick off white head good lacing. Aromas of pepper, bread, toast malt, biscuit. Taste malty, spice, caramel. Finishes a touch dry. Very nice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ketail (86) - Quebec, CANADA - MAR 6, 2014
Bu le 6 mars 2014. Œil: cuivré avec légère mousse éphémère. Arôme: floral et caramel. Goût: caramel léger et houblon subtil. Sucre: 3. Amertume: 2. Arrière-goût: 2. Note: 4/5

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
FlashParker (85) - Ontario, CANADA - JAN 19, 2011
Bottle. Innisfil, Ontario. Great copper colur. Plenty of bubbles, great carbonation. Plenty of head. Aroma - Not an overpowering APA, great pine scent. Hoppy flavour is not overpower, somewhere in between Sierra Nevada and Hoptical Illusion. This is a plus and a negative, depending how hard you like your APA. Great dryness, sweet malty finish. Ontario craft brewers know how to do the APA/IPA... if only they could translate that to their other beers!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
hiphop (84) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 15, 2008
This has been my favourite choice at the LCBO for at least a year now. Itís spicy, hoppy, exciting, and soothing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
duckdown (82) - GTA, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 15, 2010
Bottles, 6packs from the LCBO or Beer Store. Huge fan of this beer, and locally brewed, what else can I say. Deep amber color, great aroma of hops and sweetness. Caramel both in the smell and definitely in the taste as well, along with malt. Bitter but refreshing finish, and goes down smooth. Iím a repeat buyer and continue to be happy with this beer!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ryananderson (74) - Ontario, CANADA - SEP 13, 2005
Fresh aroma with moderate hoppiness. Average size off-white head with good to excellent lacing. Medium orange colour. Bitterness is moderate to strong and ends with some light malty sweetness. The bitterness lingers with some hoppy dryness which makes this beer crisp and refreshing. Medium to full body with moderate carbonation.