overall

RATINGS: 2123   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.6   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Representing a true innovation in American brewing, MGD's patented cold-filtered process fashions the smooth drinkability of draft beer available in bottles and cans.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - JUN 14, 2002
Only drinkable when there is nothing else left.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUN 13, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 13, 2005 Bottled MGD...I drank this when worked long days diggin trenches, but anything will taste good on a hot ass day if its cold and wet. Not the worst of the fizzie variety, but still pretty worthless.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
HH (165) - Everett, Washington, USA - JUN 12, 2002
Serve it ice cold at the barbeque and I’ll drink it. I won’t go out of my way to buy this. Will maybe try on tap after work.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Ernest (6748) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - JUN 10, 2002
2002 vintage. Head is initially small, fizzy, white, fully diminishing. Body is clear light yellow. Aroma is trace malt (cereal). Flavor is moderately sweet, lightly bitter. Finish is lightly sweet, lightly bitter. Light to medium body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. A little more bitterness in the finish than typical swill, but the filtered tap water I have in a glass next to me has almost as strong an aroma, except cleaner.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 2/20
Nate (3827) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 8, 2002
Sort of a worty,rubbery aroma with very little hops - best described as an ’American adjuncty’ aroma. Clear, off-yellow beer with foamy head that subsides as fast as a sodas. Watery palate with medium to heavy carb. Almost no taste other than a hint of hops and adjuncts. Not a very good beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
mattduling (64) - Fairmont, West Virginia, USA - JUN 7, 2002
One step BELOW panther piss.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
IslandHaole (1100) - Mililani, Hawaii, USA - JUN 7, 2002
Had a few free drink tickets at a club so I order a Becks or Heiniken, hmmm, only domestic beers with the ticket eh? OK, I slammed a few of these. It was that or Bud/Bud Light or Ice House, this was the lesser of the evils.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
VTIrishman99 (64) - Virginia, USA - JUN 5, 2002
A pretty damn good beer. This was my bread and butter in high school when I had money and now that I’m in college, its not even considered buyable because I have even less money! The ’back in black’ look takes me back to the commercials where the guy is in a bar and the Allman Brothers song comes on and it starts snowing and somehow Rusty Wallace’s car just appears out of nowhere, ahh flashbacks.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
bubslang (438) - Kentwood, Michigan, USA - JUN 3, 2002
another laclluster american macro, barely better than bud, but still pretty bad

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
bigal9699 (152) - Orange County, California, USA - JUN 3, 2002
Ok - if I had to choose from the 3 mainstream domestic beers (Bud, Coors or Miller), this would be the one. Goes down smoother than Bud or Coors - but still would take a Corona if I had to drink a light beer. Not bad - but geez, why even bother?