overall

RATINGS: 42   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.8   SEASONAL: Series   IBU: 85   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
This is the first high gravity beer in our new "Brewmaster’s Extreme Series" that we are unleashing to the public.

kjohns' rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
kjohns (131) - North Dakota, USA - MAR 3, 2012
Dark orange pour with thin off-white head. Light citrus aroma with some bready malt undertones. Taste is very bready malt, quite weet, with very little hop presence. Slightly bitter lingering alcohol warmth on the back end. Not my cup of tea in a DIPA.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Jow (1862) - New York, USA - FEB 1, 2014
Bottle while watching super long Swedish film. This is not very good beer. Pours murky brown with nose of malt and molasses. Tastes of amaretto, malt, caramel, dirt, and molasses. Sweet and bitter and messy.,

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
HuskerTan (342) - Kearney, Nebraska, USA - JAN 6, 2014
Bottle. A- Citrus, hoppy, piney. A- Brown color, cloudy liquid, frothy head. T- Medium bitterness, subtle citrus, hoppy. P- Medium body, thin texture, average carbonation, abrupt finish. O- Lacks a ton of flavor and a little thin but not horrible. The citrus aroma is much stronger than the citrus taste. Average.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jbuskirk (300) - Holdrege, Nebraska, USA - JAN 1, 2014
I have to say that my bottle of Hop Squared seemed particularly fresh, which made it quite enjoyable. However, the information I’ve read on this beer makes me question this brewery’s consistency. Based on my own sample, I found this beer to be pleasantly juicy, heady, and sticky. Taste was good but a little weak on the hop side. In my opinion, I think this beer would have a lot of potential if the brewery makes it a little bolder and works out their kinks.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
camborne (655) - Hopkins, Minnesota, USA - AUG 26, 2013
Not a great double ipa. Just not enough hops. Its a decent drink if you dont expect too much. Citrus and solid malt

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
drowland (5958) - Valdosta, Georgia, USA - JUL 23, 2013
Bottle during RBWG 2013, thanks to pepsican, I believe. Murky amber orange pour, small khaki. Earthy, dirty, soapy, malty aroma and flavor. Not good. Thanks, pepsi. Thanks so much.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
boozedude (1614) - Des Moines, Iowa, USA - APR 29, 2013
Bottle into glass.. nicr strong pleasant aroma..taste is very smooth and essy drinking..

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jcwattsrugger (11004) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - FEB 16, 2013
12oz bottle-tight foamy lt tan-amber. A-pineapple/resin, sweet med malt-caramel. T-pineapple/resin hops, sweet med malt-caramel.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ericular (486) - Minnesota, USA - FEB 14, 2013
Pours hazy brown with pretty good head, great lacing, and lots of floating sediment. Aroma is sweet malts, brown sugar, caramel, a touch of roast and not much hops. Taste is similar to the aroma. There certainly are hops present, but they take a back seat, which is unexpected for a DIPA. This feels like more of a mild barleywine, and independent of a style label this is not a bad beer at all. Its overall rating is poor because it’s not a good DIPA. However, it’s a decent barleywine! A little dry in the finish, but not bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
BoostIPA (1100) - Pouring Bus, New York, USA - OCT 27, 2012
12oz bottle courtesy of Pepsiedcan and IOWA. Pours a hazy amber with little to no head. Aromas of caramel, rat poison. Taste is similar - bitter cyanide pills followed by a whole lotta guano. Whoa! There’s some sugar in there too. I’m pretty impressed by how bad this offering is. I’d rather be shot gunning malt liquor. In fact, there’s a whole lotta other things I’d rather be doing right now. I would count manual labor as one of them. Scroll past this garbage juice at all costs. I’m not sure if I can finish the glass...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
TheHOFF43 (1672) - Robbinsdale, Minnesota, USA - OCT 2, 2012
Bottle. Pours a dark amber/toffee color. Aroma is hops. This beer lacks almost everything I look for in a double IPA. Hop flavor is lacking, too much malt and just not very good at all. Awesome bottle cap though, will look nice on the table I am making.