overall

RATINGS: 22   MEAN: 3.14/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 279   ABV: 9.3%

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
BoostIPA (1205) - Pouring Bus, New York, USA - NOV 17, 2012
12oz bottle courtsey of PEPSIEDCAN and the great state of IOWA. Pours a cloudy amber with a generous sized head which eventually fades into a ring but still hangs around. Jesus, the nose on this beer is amazing... A dew filled morning after a night of camping... The ashes still smoldering, a few beer cans strewn about. Roasted hot dogs and sunshine... Hangovers and raccoon shit. Honestly, I have high hopes for this beer. First sip... OH MY GOD IS THIS FUCKING TERRIBLE. Way, way overdone on the artificial liquid smoke. Fuck, this beer is like just straight chugging liquid smoke. So fake, so chemical tasting, so repulsive. There is no way in hell I can finish this 12oz bottle, and I can chug some nasty shit, believe me. Holy Hell, this is the worst Barleywine I’ve ever had. Do. Not. Buy.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
pepsican (1440) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - NOV 13, 2012
Ruby red pour with a nice sized off white head. Beautiful pour! Aroma of smoked leather shoes, sticky malt, and a bit of earthy funk. Possible ammonia. My nose burns. Sticky sweet malt underneath all that smoke.. Definitely not my thing.