overall

RATINGS: 36   MEAN: 1.28/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.52   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Carefully prepared from a balanced blend of Malted Barley and Choice hops.

Drinkinbrews' rating

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Drinkinbrews (35) - Wisconsin, USA - DEC 18, 2010
At $5.95 for a 12 pack, i figured i would go out on a limb and try this. Extremely faint, malty aroma of a flat or stale beer. Pale appearance. The taste actually wasn’t all that bad, very tin like and somewhat flat but, that’s to be expected at such a low price.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
crossovert (6367) - Illinois, USA - MAR 8, 2011
Blend of corny adjunct lager and vodka, bad flavor blend. Btw it is made in La Crosse not Milwaukee

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Headbanger (3051) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - AUG 22, 2012
12oz can Old Notes-Pours a clear golden with a white head. Aroma of corn and sweetness. Taste of the same. Another light bodied pale lager.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Syzzer (572) - Oregon, USA - AUG 25, 2011
Extra point just for increased alcohol. Although it is a little harder to drink than it’s normal counterpart, the ice is not much that far off flavor wise.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
RONCOD (206) - Uledi, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 10, 2012
Clear yellow color with a thin white head. Some citrus flavor. This beer must be served ice cold.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
jmagnus87 (2220) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - NOV 7, 2012
12oz can poured into a shaker. Pours a clear pale gold with about a finger of white head. Aroma is super sweet. Corn, grains and some skunky honey. Taste is medium sweet. Honey, corn and grains. Light bodied with a thin texture. Fizzy carbonation and entirely too long of a finish. Overall, it’s better than Steel Reserve...but not much.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 2/20
cheap (3806) - Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 7, 2009
UPDATED: JUN 25, 2011 Pale yellow. Two 12 oz cans poured into a big glass mug. Smell is a bit processed and volatile. This beer is almost as bad as the other beers from this company. Yes, it has the typical cheap ’ice’ beer flavor and it is quite rude, but not as rude as the other cheaper ice beers from melanie. Weird vanilla alky crappy palate. Paid $14 for a 24 ct case of this stuff, not worth it. Rude cheap malt liqour finish. Not quite as gagging as their other bad beers.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
RapeBeer (21) - Indiana, USA - JUL 11, 2009
Wow. What can I say about this beer that won’t hurt any feelings? Fuck it, this is a fucking message board and I can be as rude as I want. I bought a case of this bile at A-1 in Indianapolis, as I am always on the look-out for new cheap beers. I was a little suspicious of this variety due to the overly generic name. "Classic Ice"? That’s it? They couldn’t cook up a real name for this shit? At least TRY to impress me. Even some made-up bullshit German word will win over some suckers. One suggestion for the boneheads at City Brewery: Sheissenbrau. Anyway, I bought this almost specifically for shotgunning purposes, I knew it was going to be bad and I knew I wasn’t going to want to taste it. WARNING: This beer is too bad to shotgun. No joke. Phaleslu and I went out in the street to do some ceremonial shotgunning and, immediately after emptying my can of Classic Ice, my body rejected it entirely. It wasn’t upchucking, I don’t think, because, despite the fact that I emptied the entire can, I don’t think any of the beer actually made it into my stomach. I think it was my small intestine that sounded the alarm and sent this deluge of disappointment and disgust packing. Do yourselves a favor and stay away from this rubbish...

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
phaleslu (5878) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUL 15, 2009
12 oz. can(s), both shotgunned (as pointed out by my Indy pal) and consumed, um, normally. Nothing named Classic Ice is going to taste good, as it sounds like Aldi brand beer. Tastes pretty much like something from the Milwaukee’s Best family of crappy beers. I’ve never seen this anywhere but Indianapolis and I hope it isn’t taking up valuable, or even unused, space on shelves in any other city. Very light yellow, highly carbonated, and with that typical ’ice’ chemical mouthfeel.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ronaldtheriot (1105) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - AUG 24, 2009
A fairly good ice beer, with a pronounced apple taste, probably more than in any other of its ilk. Considering the price for a 12 pack (cans), it’s an okay beer. I’d buy it again. Not available in Louisiana; purchased it on a road trip in the Milwaukee area. RJT