overall
n/a

RATINGS: 881   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.1/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Using select pale malt, cereal grains and yeast, this naturally hopped beer features premium taste, but not at a premium price.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
EithCubes (5549) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 11, 2005
Better than Miller, but surely Milwaukee has better to offer than this. Embarassing.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Skyview (5542) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - APR 18, 2007
This is the last surviving beer brand from the A. Gettelman Brewing Company that SAB/Miller continues to brew. This is an old beer brand that first hit the market during the pre-Prohibition years. (1897 to be exact). Actually, today’s Milwaukee’s Best is not a bad macro-produced beer. It has a little flavor and will satisfy the light beer drinkers. Pours a light yellow gold brew with a fast dissolving white head. Aroma is very light corn bread, a very, very hint of sweet floral hops and maybe a drop of honey. Flavor is very light and clean. Finish is a little gritty but is not offensive. Though the Milwaukee’s Best brew from the early 1900s and the brew of the 21st Century share the same brand name, the recipes of the two are light years apart, Tom Gettelman once told me the recipe for Milwaukee’s Best of the 1950s (50% barley, 50% corn) which was a medium body brew. It would be interesting to have Milwaukee’s Best rated today with the old recipe.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
dwyerpg (5538) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAY 15, 2011
Notorious for the bad aroma, Beast was a favorite purchase in college for the frats, but not when I was buying.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
altonbrownd (5474) - Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA - FEB 19, 2009
Slammed some of these in college. Didn’t know better then. Avoid at all cost now. Pale yellow, medium head. Smells rank. Taste of carboard. Putrid.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 2/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - JAN 9, 2003
The only things these crappy american standards have as pros is price and quenching on a hot day....just like water! Hey, I can drink water for free. Well, looks like I’ve just excluded the need for this beer in the world.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
JohnnyJ (5367) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 19, 2006
Milwaukees Best? If thats true then Milwaukee must be in hell. This stuff is nasty... buy only as the last option.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
BrewDad (5328) - Olympia, Washington, USA - SEP 15, 2005
Well heres to the days of college. Uhhhhh Thsoe great 2 years that I do not remember going to school. Heres to you 3.59 a 12 pack you do the math. Those lab fees that enever got paid so we can ge another 12 pack along with 17 - .59cent hamburgers so we can eat. Heres to College beer.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
heemer77 (5290) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - NOV 10, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 11, 2005 Really not too bad for a macro. Actually has a little flavor that is very light and not offensive. At least it is drinkable. Faint corn and some light flowey hops. This is not as bad as the rating indicates.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
cheap (5253) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 26, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 27, 2006 I’m not expecting much from this beer, Milwaukee’s Best. Usually if it says best, you better be concerned. 12 oz pull top can, cost me $1 at the local pub but I know I can get this for 33 cents a can by the case if I so desire. I know this is a BMC, so you are mumbling ‘This can’t be the first time he’s tasted it?” No it is not….. I’ve had this countless times before I became an amateur ratebeerian. First, I wanted to get some experience with about 200 ‘good’ beers and really give this brew equal footing before I BMC step on it. So, this is neither a number padder nor a memory rate. This beer is being sampled as I review. It says it is brewed with the finest quality malt, barley and selected grain. Pours like any other good pale yellow beer I’ve poured in my former stooges and present steeler stein. Nice clear light yellow appearance. In a couple of places there is some carbonation rising. No offensive odor, as a matter of fact it does smell a little sweet attractive. Very gentleman like first taste, like a typical pale american lager. Nice creamy palate that is above average in carbonation. The slightly industrial finish is not as smooth as I would like to have for a lager, but there is nothing real offensive to it. I think this may be a drawback to those who love IPA or imp stouts. Overall; decent beer, nice price.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
mansquito (5183) - Nueva York, New York, USA - DEC 20, 2006
Drank it out of the can. This may very well be one of the worst beers that I have ever poured down my throat. It tastes like sweat... yeah like sweat. I had about 4 beers in my before I tried this rubbish and it still tasted like I was licking the armpit of some sweaty guy at the gym. Horrible! I am almost ready to say that I would rather have Natural Light over this simply because the taste might be somewhat less offensive. If God is on my side, I will never drink this beer again. Zero redeeming qualities. (Have you figured out I hate this beer yet?)