overall
n/a

RATINGS: 873   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.09   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Using select pale malt, cereal grains and yeast, this naturally hopped beer features premium taste, but not at a premium price.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
papajijo (22) - USA - SEP 16, 2002
i find this beer to be a fantasitc beer. although the taste may not be satisfactory to most, it gives me the drunk sensation that i am looking for. In conclusion, this beer gets me drunk.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
markymark (82) - Duluth, Minnesota, USA - DEC 22, 2002
A very average beer. Nothing too special here....

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Elderbeerman (7) - Rockton, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 20, 2011 does not count
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as the old cliche goes...and here we have the Beauty that IS the Beast! Taste is so very subjective. I like this one. I have always. It’s a great session beer, at this abv level. It’s got a rather mild flavor- that holds up, by the way, compared to any of the other pale lagers: Coor’s, Bud, PBR, Miller, etc. So much of what we "taste" is actually what we expect, in our brains. I like it. I like a lot of other brands and styles for as many different reasons as there are brands and styles of beer. (Just give me a break with all the beer snobbery. I’m just sayin’...)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
PhatCatt (26) - Michigan, USA - APR 4, 2015
UPDATED: AUG 8, 2015 Minimal foam, sweet corn, barley and malts. Overall, pretty good and drinkable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Blatz King (150) - Whitewater, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 28, 2001
This beer is not that good, but if it’s at a party and I’m out of Blatz, Rowlands, MGD, and the Beast Ice I might drink the original Beast.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
StevieMSU (64) - Kentucky, USA - NOV 16, 2001
This beer is decent tasting for the price, I mean come on it is the beast, what do you expect.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
Mirage19099 (3) - W. Lafayette, Indiana, USA - JAN 12, 2002 does not count
The Beast is a nasty tasting beer. I buy it anyways because its fun to laugh about it and call it ’the BEAST’.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
matt7215 (2265) - Cambridge, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 28, 2010
473 ml can fromthe LCBO. pours clear straw with a small white head that reduces to a ring, mid carbonation. the carbonation level is perfect for a pale lager. nose is mostly 2 row with a touch of adjunt and some peppery hops. the flavour is clean and balanced. really lacks any major flaws. minimal flavour holds it back but ive recently had 2 micro lagers that had more flavour but werent nearly this clean.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
brokensail (13623) - Orange County, California, USA - FEB 17, 2011
A: A rather impressive pour. Clear golden/yellow with a finger of white head and a touch of lacing. Rather aggressive carbonation. S: Smells sweet and full of corn. Some white grape juice and apple juice too. A little bit of grain and a touch of metal. No really off or offensive aromas, though. T: Sweet corn and grain make up the bulk of the flavor. No real hop flavors here. There is a touch of grainy sweetness to it and perhaps some more of the grape juice sweetness as well. M: Light in body with a moderate to high carbonation. D: I was surprised. This is nowhere near as bad as I had remembered from many drunken nights at the fraternity house.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - OCT 5, 2013
Jul0113 on the bottom of the 24oz can. Bought for like... I don’t remember. $1.50? Appearance: --Skipping. I tend to just drink these adjunct lagers out of the can.-- Smell: Corn sweetness. Malt. It just smells like an ordinary 5% adjunct lager... well, I shouldn’t say that. Some have a metallic note or something like that... this is without that, fortunately. Taste/feel: I think I should be bitch slapped. I don’t hate this beer. I really don’t. At all. As a matter of fact, I *gulp*... enjoy it? A pleasant carbonation, goes down smooth, sweet (but not overly so), and there’s no funky metallic "off" bitterness on the finish. And that’s my honest review. Every now and then I want a cheap drink without having to make a drive to the craft store for warm and more expensive beer. This was one of those times. I’m surprised that this only has a 48 rating ... that’s considerably lower than a number of other adjunct lagers I’ve had that I thought were far less drinkable. Considering the price and fact that there’s nothing that makes me cringe about this beer, I’d certainly have it again.