overall
n/a

RATINGS: 853   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.09   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Using select pale malt, cereal grains and yeast, this naturally hopped beer features premium taste, but not at a premium price.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
StevieMSU (64) - Kentucky, USA - NOV 16, 2001
This beer is decent tasting for the price, I mean come on it is the beast, what do you expect.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
Mirage19099 (3) - W. Lafayette, Indiana, USA - JAN 12, 2002 does not count
The Beast is a nasty tasting beer. I buy it anyways because its fun to laugh about it and call it ’the BEAST’.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Libeerian (209) - Garner, North Carolina, USA - MAR 9, 2003
This pale gold lager starts with a good head and subtle malt/hop aroma. It's got a light refreshing flavor but ends with very little aftertaste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
matt7215 (2161) - Cambridge, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 28, 2010
473 ml can fromthe LCBO. pours clear straw with a small white head that reduces to a ring, mid carbonation. the carbonation level is perfect for a pale lager. nose is mostly 2 row with a touch of adjunt and some peppery hops. the flavour is clean and balanced. really lacks any major flaws. minimal flavour holds it back but ive recently had 2 micro lagers that had more flavour but werent nearly this clean.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
brokensail (10645) - Orange County, California, USA - FEB 17, 2011
A: A rather impressive pour. Clear golden/yellow with a finger of white head and a touch of lacing. Rather aggressive carbonation. S: Smells sweet and full of corn. Some white grape juice and apple juice too. A little bit of grain and a touch of metal. No really off or offensive aromas, though. T: Sweet corn and grain make up the bulk of the flavor. No real hop flavors here. There is a touch of grainy sweetness to it and perhaps some more of the grape juice sweetness as well. M: Light in body with a moderate to high carbonation. D: I was surprised. This is nowhere near as bad as I had remembered from many drunken nights at the fraternity house.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - OCT 5, 2013
Jul0113 on the bottom of the 24oz can. Bought for like... I don’t remember. $1.50? Appearance: --Skipping. I tend to just drink these adjunct lagers out of the can.-- Smell: Corn sweetness. Malt. It just smells like an ordinary 5% adjunct lager... well, I shouldn’t say that. Some have a metallic note or something like that... this is without that, fortunately. Taste/feel: I think I should be bitch slapped. I don’t hate this beer. I really don’t. At all. As a matter of fact, I *gulp*... enjoy it? A pleasant carbonation, goes down smooth, sweet (but not overly so), and there’s no funky metallic "off" bitterness on the finish. And that’s my honest review. Every now and then I want a cheap drink without having to make a drive to the craft store for warm and more expensive beer. This was one of those times. I’m surprised that this only has a 48 rating ... that’s considerably lower than a number of other adjunct lagers I’ve had that I thought were far less drinkable. Considering the price and fact that there’s nothing that makes me cringe about this beer, I’d certainly have it again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
Charley99 (2) - USA - SEP 5, 2001 does not count
After walking up and down the beer iasle at the local Shop-Rite I often end up buting this because of the incredible savings in exchange for the odd puppy piss flavor. You simply can’t beat the price.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Bolt (117) - Boulder Creek, California, USA - MAY 11, 2002
Adding a can of tomato juice, salt and lemon might make this drinkable; also it’s a nice companion while cat fishing providing you chew a little on your anchovies to clean your palate.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
davey101 (655) - Connecticut, USA - APR 10, 2012
24 oz can into a frosty mug. A - Very light straw yellow body. Surprisingly a large and thick super soapy head formed. S - Corn, grain. Sweet and simple. Nothing too offensive about it. If anything its inviting for an AAL. T - Sweet corn water with some grainy and mineral qualities on the finish. Boring yet easy drinking. Watery mouth feel with high carbonation. O - I can’t beat up on this beer too much. For $1.20 you get an easy drinking beer thats low on flavor. Its not offensive, and its not too corny or overtly sweet. Much better than I thought it would be.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
hockeybeerguy (1643) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - JUN 14, 2014
Almost always outa the can, but for reviewing purposes and notes from several taken into the pint glass, well here goes. The appearance was an exceptionally light looking yellow color with a decent bubbly-ness rising to try to fill a rapidly dissipating head that left no lacing. The smell, well, there was some cooked/burnt/roasty corn-ness going on, grassy and hay-like. The taste, well, once again, there really wasn’t much there, maybe some light sweetness to it. The palate, well, that was about a light trying to make me consider it sat semi-close to medium on the body, but honestly, I think I lean closer to light. Nice try, Miller, the carbonation, well, there’s some harshness, but nothing overbearing. Overall, well, its an American Adjunct Lager, super hard to make outstanding, but I’ll say, standard AAL.