overall
n/a

RATINGS: 873   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.09   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Using select pale malt, cereal grains and yeast, this naturally hopped beer features premium taste, but not at a premium price.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - OCT 5, 2013
Jul0113 on the bottom of the 24oz can. Bought for like... I don’t remember. $1.50? Appearance: --Skipping. I tend to just drink these adjunct lagers out of the can.-- Smell: Corn sweetness. Malt. It just smells like an ordinary 5% adjunct lager... well, I shouldn’t say that. Some have a metallic note or something like that... this is without that, fortunately. Taste/feel: I think I should be bitch slapped. I don’t hate this beer. I really don’t. At all. As a matter of fact, I *gulp*... enjoy it? A pleasant carbonation, goes down smooth, sweet (but not overly so), and there’s no funky metallic "off" bitterness on the finish. And that’s my honest review. Every now and then I want a cheap drink without having to make a drive to the craft store for warm and more expensive beer. This was one of those times. I’m surprised that this only has a 48 rating ... that’s considerably lower than a number of other adjunct lagers I’ve had that I thought were far less drinkable. Considering the price and fact that there’s nothing that makes me cringe about this beer, I’d certainly have it again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
Charley99 (2) - USA - SEP 5, 2001 does not count
After walking up and down the beer iasle at the local Shop-Rite I often end up buting this because of the incredible savings in exchange for the odd puppy piss flavor. You simply can’t beat the price.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Bolt (117) - Boulder Creek, California, USA - MAY 11, 2002
Adding a can of tomato juice, salt and lemon might make this drinkable; also it’s a nice companion while cat fishing providing you chew a little on your anchovies to clean your palate.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Frank (3341) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 7, 2003
A nice, easy-drinking American lager. Smooth carbonation and a bit sweeter than average for the style. Milwaukee's Best is no masterpiece but I don't get why it gets so hammered by other raters. It's prejudice against the style rather than actual thoughtful tasting, in my opinion.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
davey101 (746) - Connecticut, USA - APR 10, 2012
24 oz can into a frosty mug. A - Very light straw yellow body. Surprisingly a large and thick super soapy head formed. S - Corn, grain. Sweet and simple. Nothing too offensive about it. If anything its inviting for an AAL. T - Sweet corn water with some grainy and mineral qualities on the finish. Boring yet easy drinking. Watery mouth feel with high carbonation. O - I can’t beat up on this beer too much. For $1.20 you get an easy drinking beer thats low on flavor. Its not offensive, and its not too corny or overtly sweet. Much better than I thought it would be.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Bulk_Carrier (2713) - Final Resting Place, Vermont, USA - JUN 14, 2014
Almost always outa the can, but for reviewing purposes and notes from several taken into the pint glass, well here goes. The appearance was an exceptionally light looking yellow color with a decent bubbly-ness rising to try to fill a rapidly dissipating head that left no lacing. The smell, well, there was some cooked/burnt/roasty corn-ness going on, grassy and hay-like. The taste, well, once again, there really wasn’t much there, maybe some light sweetness to it. The palate, well, that was about a light trying to make me consider it sat semi-close to medium on the body, but honestly, I think I lean closer to light. Nice try, Miller, the carbonation, well, there’s some harshness, but nothing overbearing. Overall, well, its an American Adjunct Lager, super hard to make outstanding, but I’ll say, standard AAL.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
stubby (334) - Santee, California, USA - JUN 6, 2009
Prior raters are entitled to their own opinions. This beer, however, is a very drinkable beer and a standout example of the style. It is not offensive in any way except for lacking in character, but that’s the way it is supposed to be: a thirst quencher. There simply isn’t enough flavor to be offensive. A classic example of pale lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Chad9976 (1419) - Albany, New York, USA - SEP 19, 2011
<br clear="left">I poured a 24oz can into a 1-liter boot stein.

Appearance: Like a urine sample in a glass: pale gold, crystal clear, extremely carbonated. Forms a large, frothy, bright white head initially and then fizzles away to nothing, but does leave some lacing on the glass (likely due to hop extract).

Smell: Cheap, stale grain with a notable sour/metallic undertone.

Taste: If you were born after 1970 you’re probably hip enough to know that Milwaukee’s Best is referred to as "The Beast" and for good reason. There are plenty of cheap macro adjunct lagers out there and plenty of malt liquors, but this beer seems to be in its own class of swill. There’s just not enough hops to truly be a pale lager, but the ABV is much too low to be a malt liquor - so what is it, exactly?

Lame - that’s what it is.

I realize I’m beating a dead horse here and probably regurgitating jokes and insults that have been used to describe Milwaukee’s Best over the years, but let’s get through this. It’s a bland, neutral-tasting lager up front. More watery than beer. The second half is where all the nastiness comes from - boiled corn water with a touch of expired, cheap grain. There’s a definite metallic and cardboard taste as well. Fortunately, it finishes quite clean with little aftertaste and just a slightly pasty sensation. It’s more accurately described as tolerable than horrible, but I wouldn’t argue with anyone who called it bad.

Mouthfeel: Extremely thin, fizzy, watery texture. Not as belch-inducing as you’d think, though.

Drinkability: Right out of the fridge, Milwaukee’s Best is about as refreshing as water. I don’t think I’d want to drink this on a hot day because if it warms a little its palate completely falls apart. The blandness and thin body make it quite quaffable, and it can be gulped in bulk considering it’s very light at about 4.5% ABV.

Overall, Milwaukee’s Best is deserving of its nickname. It’s a beer people drink for performance value alone, and it’s something of a challenge to guzzle it before it turns REALLY bad. But really, what’s the point in drinking a beer if you’re trying to avoid its flaws?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
dekester1 (341) - Neenah, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 30, 2012
Poured a basic lager transparent gold with a light bubbly head that faded to minimal lacing quickly. Aroma was malt and adjuncts with a slight pear-like hue. Taste was slightly sweet with a malt slightly predominating over grain adjuncts. Very mild/low hopping. Palate was thin. Overall, this was easy drinking and a bit better than what I was anticipating. Certainly this is a cheap, drinkable thirst quencher.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
jwp216 (2) - Texas, USA - AUG 23, 2013 does not count
I have to say that this is a OK cheap beer i have always know it as the Milwaukee’s Beast but after trying it for the first time it is not to bad i was realy schocked on how good it was for what it was not to bad. i would buy this beer to supply a large party or if on a tight budget this is a good beer for the price