overall

RATINGS: 168   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.2   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Lazy Mutt is an unfiltered ale, cloudy and pale in color. The off-white foam slowly disappears to reveal a slight citrus aroma. A citrusy palate gives way to a light malty sweetness touched by a hint of corn. Bottle conditioned ale made with Canadian 2 row malt and Galena and Tettnag variety of fine hops.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
pkbites (693) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 24, 2008
Pours a cloudy pale yellow with a bright white head that dies a bit. I canít place the aroma. Very sweet. Sugar cookies? Butter rum? Taffy? Homemade waffles? Either way, I REALLY like it! A perfect 10 for aroma! Flavor is buttery, yet a bit sour. But not tangy. Finish is a gritty, but after-taste is mild. Shame on you all! Lazy Mutt is under rated!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
bpreo (1730) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - OCT 12, 2010
UPDATED: OCT 26, 2010 I still havenít made my way to the brewery. Planning and hoping for Monday (three days from today). I had this beer a while back, so I would love to sample it again during the tour! Had it today, and enjoyed it so much I had to have another! My friend said it right, "This beer tastes like melted butter". It does, and I love it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
shrubber85 (7867) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - DEC 30, 2007
Bottle. Musty grapefruit rind aroma. Cloudy yellow orange with minimal head. Slightly musty and sweet orange malt flavor. Very saison-like - a good drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
bseribeer (128) - Illinois, USA - OCT 30, 2010
Aroma is sweet and citrusy with a bit of a grass. Pours a beautiful golden, bit hazy with a fizzy white head. Taste is light and sweet. Easy on the palate, can feel the carbonation. Overall a nice light ale, definitely a summertime brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
bookman10 (658) - Osseo, Minnesota, USA - JAN 14, 2011
I liked it. Judging by comments here, some people must have just got a bad bottle or a bad batch. Very refreshing ale. Fruity, astringent, just the right touch of sour. Pours a cloudy golden yellow with small head. Perfect beer for a hot summerís day.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BrianHagmeier (299) - Coralville, Iowa, USA - JUL 31, 2009
This is a very drinkable beer. I donít care what the reset of these, "want-a-be beer Naziís" think. I had finished the first beer (out of the kick ass 8 pack) before I had even finished logging on to ratebeer. I drank a second glass just evaluating it and am on my third as I write. Dont know about you...but I think that might mean somethen.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jmagnus87 (2548) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - DEC 11, 2012
16oz can poured into a shaker. Pours a very lightly hazy dark gold with about a finger of thick white head. Aroma of corn and grains with a good dose of honey and wheat. Very light citrus. Taste is light sweet and very lightly bitter. Corn, grains and honey. Light citrus and a little skunk. Light bodied with a slightly sticky texture. Fizzy carbonation and a decently long finish. Overall, not too bad. Nothing I would seek out, but Iíll enjoy this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Nekronos (3646) - Xalapa, MEXICO - DEC 21, 2012
NOt quite blonde and not so nice but sweet and easy to drink. very creamy and foam stays for a while.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
madmitch76 (15840) - , Essex, ENGLAND - MAR 4, 2014
23rd February 2014
Lightly hazy gold beer, smal white head. Palate is semi dry and minerally crisp. Light dry malt brings a little honey. Tangy fruits with apple prominent. Dry crisp finish. Not bad, quite cider like.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
dekester1 (323) - Neenah, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 31, 2010
On tap at Minhaus post-tour tasting room. A nice light gold with a nice head that faded to lace with maintanence. An aroma of malt with a hint of fruitiness. Tasted like a nice cream ale - malt with a hint of corn and light hop finish. To me it tasted very similar to Spotted Cow or Lake Louie Coon Rock. Overall a nice ale worth repeating.