Mexico

Modelo Especial Chelada

overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 72   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
Chelada with the refreshing flavor of tomato, salt and lime

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
fakebeersnob (286) - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA - APR 28, 2016
I know this is not a beer I am "supposed" to like, but...it isn’t too bad. It is a breakfast beer. Smells like Campbell’s tomato soup. Appearance is this murky reddish-orange liquid. Not too pleasant to look at. Taste is tomato, some pepper, and a spice...like spicy bloody mary mix. A bit salty. The lime comes through at the end. The aftertaste and palate is where it goes a bit wrong. I get a tinny feel at the end (before a tomato coating at the lower back of the jaw.) That tinny sensation ruins a lot of the taste. So, overall it is not too bad. Reminds me of the poorly made bloody mary’s I used to drink in the morning after camping.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
drowland (7712) - Georgia, USA - MAR 21, 2016
3/1/16. Tallboy can from Warehouse. With this, I have rated every single beer available there (until something new comes in). This is awful. I *get* that people can like this kind of thing, I’m really not being a snob here - I just hate this kind of stuff. I can hardly drink these Chelada things without gagging, but hey, ticks R TICKS. Red tomato juice pour with a small red khaki head that sizzles away, no head, leaving a murky red glass of garbage. Huge tomato soup and salt flavor, putrid, vomit, etc. Awful flavor, could hardly choke down a sip or two, tomato soup, tomato juice, salt, spices, lime. Disgusting.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
rdixon77 (1963) - Georgia, USA - MAR 19, 2016
Nope. I can do tomato beer, but this is offensive gross. Ketchup in Crap pale lager. Nope. Nope. Nope.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
radagast83 (6653) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - MAR 10, 2016
Brought by me to the March DC Tasting. Huge 500ml or 20oz can. Poured a light copper color, white fizzy head. Aroma was light tomato juice, some light beer notes - corn. Light spices, touch of lime juice. Flavor was, well - pretty decent for something I thought would be a straight drain pour. Would buy again for use in a beer-based bloody mary.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
solidfunk (6741) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - MAR 5, 2016
I hate clamato so let’s keep that bias in perspective. At least this version is Mexican. Red pour. Bullshit tomato taste. Can.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Travlr (19459) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAR 5, 2016
Rating #67 of this bad boy. Very tall can. Cloudy pink color, flat. Aroma of bloody mary. Taste is peppery and bloody tomato. Very drinkable. Just not a beer.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Bricks (903) - Delaware, USA - MAR 4, 2016
Smells like tomato awful. I can’t believe people drink this. Taste is pretty foul, tomato,mexican ass water.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
DuffMan (8799) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 26, 2016
Mega-can, part of the Chelada taste-off. Pinkish-red, opaque, short-lived link head. Briny, spicy, tinny aroma. Insipid tomato and spice and watery lager combo. Really thin and weak. It’s like someone allowed a half dozen ice cubes to melt in my chelada. I’d never thought I’d actually say this, but the Budweiser Chelada line up is better than this. But really we’re talking about a higher grade of garbage, so it isn’t saying much.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Metalchopz (2954) - Cantley, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 29, 2015
Purchased at the Luxor in Vegas. Cloudy mix of light brown and red colour with a head that disappears instantly and no lacing. Aromas of tomato juice over light beer. Taste is the same with mild spices and a little grain lingering. Seems like a Modelo Especial and tomato juice, spices with no adjuncts added. I like this style of drink, but prefer to do it myself. Specially for the price.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
ffbot (261) - Oakland, California, USA - OCT 12, 2015
chillax dude, if this sounds awful to you, you probably won’t change your mind. Gross stale V8 and old beer smell. Puke red pink in color. But I love it. Drink it in the dirt, while you sweat. Slam a can while you go fishing.