Modelo Especial Chelada

overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 33   MEAN: 1.94/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.07   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
Chelada with the refreshing flavor of tomato, salt and lime

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
brokensail (10607) - Orange County, California, USA - JUL 11, 2014
Can @ RBSG 2014 Grand Tasting. Cloudy rusty water appearance. Smells like canned tomato soup. Acidic citrus juice and an excess of brine aroma. But mostly canned tomato type product. Tastes like Spaghetti-O’s. Seriously. Super salty, a bit acidic, and lots of over-processed tomato.

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
anders37 (16289) - Malmö, SWEDEN - JUL 9, 2014
Can @ RBSG Grand Tasting. Pours a reddish color with a small off-white head. Has a fruity clam juice and tomato soup. Fruity spicy tomato soup. Fruity spicy clam and tomato soup finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
gendv138 (998) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - JUL 5, 2014
Can during RBSG 2014 Grand Tasting at Schlafly Tap Room. Reddish color. Aromas of tomato, clam juice, vegetables. Tastes of tomato, clam juice, salt, vegetables. Medium-light body with a dry finish. Ugh.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
jredmond (5219) - Manhattan, New York, USA - JUL 2, 2014
Can courtesy of blipp at RBSDADG 2014. Pours a rich, youthful body glimmering with beauty and hope. The white foam majestically laces the inside of my glass as I tilt it from side to side. As I raise the glass to my nose to inspect the aroma, I glance down at blipp. A true friend, indeed, I think to myself before my brain is utterly destroyed by sensory complexity. Campbell’s tomato soup, ya’ll.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
phaleslu (6204) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUN 30, 2014
Big can sampled at RBSG’s grand tasting. Pours a cloudy off-red color with a minimal off-white head. Notes of celery, salt, tomato, and lime. Maybe some clam juice, too. Medium-bodied, with low carbonation and a salty, savory mouthfeel. Fuck it, I like all these notes. This isn’t bad.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
jtclockwork (7902) - , New Jersey, USA - JUN 28, 2014
Can from Blipp at RBSDG. Pours gold orange. Nose/taste of clam, tomato soup and touch of salt. Medium body. Damnit Blipp.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
crossovert (6940) - Illinois, USA - JUN 22, 2014
Nice hotel - place to stay
We sought a place to get some rest
The owner said: "Please keep it down"
"We’re good boys" - so we lied
Two days passed - fuckin’ mess
The maids refused to clean our stys
Ravioli neath the rug
Stench of beer - everywhere
One week down - place was fucked
We tore the heater off the wall
And broke the windows in our room
No one cared - we were drunk
Bed diving - brand new sport
From our beds we’d start to leap
And dive into the cabinets
They broke too - nothing spared
Went downtown - forgot the keys
We climbed into someone’s window
But they shot teargas in our eyes
Didn’t work - locked outside
Place destroyed - where to now?
We moved into another room
Five minutes passed and it was thrashed
Last warning - they kicked us out

All too big can, rosy murk bloddy pour, smell is campbells soup, taste is literally the worst beer ever.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 2/20
TwoSipDip (8894) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JUN 21, 2014
Can @ RBSG Grand Tasting. Pours a murky peach appearance with little lasting head. Spaghetti O’s aroma. Better than Bud Clamato. This is a bit salty, quite sweet, and full of Chef Boyardee. Probably won’t stock the rotter with these.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Djosher (14) - - JUN 2, 2014
This monstrosity is one of the most horrid tasting things I've ever introduced to my mouth. Trust me,that's saying something. Do not go near this liquid. Ever. Just don't. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPad

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
obguthr (3636) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - MAY 29, 2014
Tomato soup nose. Pink copper, headless. Singularly tomato flavor. Fizzy mouthfeel, which is especially bad for this type of beer, IMO.