overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 75   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.88/5   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
Chelada with the refreshing flavor of tomato, salt and lime

poisoneddwarf's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
poisoneddwarf (2204) - Rathdrum, Idaho, USA - APR 12, 2014
24 oz can, thanks brenn79! Aroma consists of tomato juice, lime, vague whiff of vomit. Pours clear copper with a red-white head with decent retention. Falls after a couple minutes, leaving no trace of foam. Looks better than Budweiser’s version! Tastes better, too. Taste is meaty, salty, strong tomato juice character, lime. Texture is a little watery, which is fine. I like a good chelada or red beer, and I love bloody marys. Highly recommended for people with these kinds of taste buds. Beer snobs stay clear.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
oldrtybastrd (4887) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - MAY 12, 2016
Pours a golden reddish yellow. Aromas of grass, malts, and a touch of limey tomato. Flavor is lime, tomato, cheap lager...but I love me some red beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Alphadelic (2078) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 10, 2016
This can cracks me up. The initial aroma is pretty much pure tomato juice. It’s pretty great. Does pretty much what I’d expect. It reminds me of the liquid that sits in the bottom of a bowl of freshly mixed Pico de Gallo, which is one of my favorite treats. A pleasant surprise.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
ordybill (1170) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - MAY 3, 2016
Poured from a 25 OZ can into a pint glass. The appearance is a dark golden color with a small white head. The aroma is all tomato with some saltiness. The taste is also tomato and it is heavily carbonated. Not a good beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
fakebeersnob (294) - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA - APR 28, 2016
I know this is not a beer I am "supposed" to like, but...it isn’t too bad. It is a breakfast beer. Smells like Campbell’s tomato soup. Appearance is this murky reddish-orange liquid. Not too pleasant to look at. Taste is tomato, some pepper, and a spice...like spicy bloody mary mix. A bit salty. The lime comes through at the end. The aftertaste and palate is where it goes a bit wrong. I get a tinny feel at the end (before a tomato coating at the lower back of the jaw.) That tinny sensation ruins a lot of the taste. So, overall it is not too bad. Reminds me of the poorly made bloody mary’s I used to drink in the morning after camping.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
drowland (7774) - Georgia, USA - MAR 21, 2016
3/1/16. Tallboy can from Warehouse. With this, I have rated every single beer available there (until something new comes in). This is awful. I *get* that people can like this kind of thing, I’m really not being a snob here - I just hate this kind of stuff. I can hardly drink these Chelada things without gagging, but hey, ticks R TICKS. Red tomato juice pour with a small red khaki head that sizzles away, no head, leaving a murky red glass of garbage. Huge tomato soup and salt flavor, putrid, vomit, etc. Awful flavor, could hardly choke down a sip or two, tomato soup, tomato juice, salt, spices, lime. Disgusting.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
rdixon77 (2021) - Georgia, USA - MAR 19, 2016
Nope. I can do tomato beer, but this is offensive gross. Ketchup in Crap pale lager. Nope. Nope. Nope.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
radagast83 (6781) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - MAR 10, 2016
Brought by me to the March DC Tasting. Huge 500ml or 20oz can. Poured a light copper color, white fizzy head. Aroma was light tomato juice, some light beer notes - corn. Light spices, touch of lime juice. Flavor was, well - pretty decent for something I thought would be a straight drain pour. Would buy again for use in a beer-based bloody mary.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
solidfunk (6842) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - MAR 5, 2016
I hate clamato so let’s keep that bias in perspective. At least this version is Mexican. Red pour. Bullshit tomato taste. Can.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Travlr (19895) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAR 5, 2016
Rating #67 of this bad boy. Very tall can. Cloudy pink color, flat. Aroma of bloody mary. Taste is peppery and bloody tomato. Very drinkable. Just not a beer.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Bricks (917) - Delaware, USA - MAR 4, 2016
Smells like tomato awful. I can’t believe people drink this. Taste is pretty foul, tomato,mexican ass water.