overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 52   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.99   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
Chelada with the refreshing flavor of tomato, salt and lime

poisoneddwarf's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
poisoneddwarf (1865) - Rathdrum, Idaho, USA - APR 12, 2014
24 oz can, thanks brenn79! Aroma consists of tomato juice, lime, vague whiff of vomit. Pours clear copper with a red-white head with decent retention. Falls after a couple minutes, leaving no trace of foam. Looks better than Budweiser’s version! Tastes better, too. Taste is meaty, salty, strong tomato juice character, lime. Texture is a little watery, which is fine. I like a good chelada or red beer, and I love bloody marys. Highly recommended for people with these kinds of taste buds. Beer snobs stay clear.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
PhillyBeer2112 (2601) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - MAR 31, 2015
I don’t know what to say, its one of the better cheladas out there, but still. gawd.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Cybercat (3786) - Georgia, USA - FEB 25, 2015
Pours clear amber with a thick but effervescent pale buff head. Aroma has an overtone of salty tomato. Hmmmmmmm, not too sure about that, but never judge a book by its cover. Flavor is - hey, I love tomatoes and tomato soup, but tomato-flavored beer? Nein danke! Wow, I could’ve had a V-8. ;) Texture is thin and lacks fizz. Glad I tried it, but I prefer beer that actually tastes like beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
jmagnus87 (2823) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - FEB 21, 2015
San sampled during RBSG. From notes. This stuff is gross. It’s pretty much just salty tomatoe juice.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Beerathon (1449) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 31, 2015
Yuck. Tomato and beer just don’t go together. Salt, lime, tomato, and lager flavors are all there, but it’s disgusting. Not a style I need to ever try again. Looks like bubbly vomit.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
geologyguy (895) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - NOV 5, 2014
Rough smell the tomato and beer doesn’t work for me, taste is better than expected however, not horrible and wouldn’t want more than one! All tomato, no hops or malt but smooth beer mixed in...gets better with time

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DocJitsu (1154) - Florida, USA - OCT 30, 2014
Pours a red rust color with no head. Tomato juice nose with a fade of spies. Moderately faint mouth feel with a faint carbonation scrub. A bottle of tomato juice, salt, pepper and Modelo and a glass.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
rosenbergh (7925) - Tampere, FINLAND - OCT 23, 2014
24 oz can. (Discount Tobacco & Beer) Chattanooga, TN.
Hazy brown colour with no head. Looks ugly. Tomato soup... nothing else... in the aroma. The flavour is salt... lots of salt... mild lime and tomato soup. Great aroma. Much saltier than the American (Budweiser) versions. Great tradition. I just love chelada.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Shag (2655) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - SEP 22, 2014
This poured a golden color with a slight red tint to it. The aroma is tomato juice, limes, and some kind of herbal notes. The flavor is a bit sour with a strong tomato and lime presence. I dont know if these are growing on me or what but I like this quite a bit better than the Budweiser ones. Overall this really isnt all that bad.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
BVery (7442) - Burnsville, Minnesota, USA - SEP 17, 2014
24 oz can. Holy crap, WTF is this? Mostly clear orange pour with reddish hues - no head after 5 seconds. I can smell it from 5 feet away. Tomato juice, which isn’t inherently bad for me, but it sure isn’t working in this beverage. I took a sip and flat out couldn’t bring myself to swallow it - I spit it into the sink. Only reason I didn’t give it a 1/10 on taste is that I had to leave room at the bottom of the range for Cave Creek Chili Beer and its brethren. Yikes - quick drain pour on this.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
CanIHave4Beers (3524) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - SEP 14, 2014
Can, shared by me... in my dining room... just now.
The beer pours a hazy reddish orange color with a soda style ’fizz out while you’re still pouring it’ head.

The aroma is straight up canned tomato juice, maybe a little saltiness in there, but mostly it’s tomato juice.

The flavor is like salty tomato juice. Very little of the lime or beer flavor are well expressed except to add a bit of brightness and zip to the flavor.

It’s better than the Budweiser versions, but whatever.