overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 1195   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.97   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Modelo Especial, a pilsener type beer, was introduced to the market in 1966. Today it is sold in glass bottles as well as cans, which are having an increasing demand due to consumer preferences, making Modelo Especial the leader in the can segment in Mexico.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
mstockton (225) - Frankfurt, GERMANY - FEB 10, 2007
Hmm...tough for me to agree with all the terrible ratings on here. Maybe part of the allure is drinking it in Mexico when it’s hot. I always add a lime, which certainly distorts the rating and makes anything taste drinkable. Still, a nice bitterness and I find the beer extremely refreshing if not overly complex and deep.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
TheKegergator (241) - California, USA - FEB 8, 2007
Had this last night when asked if I wanted another beer by a buddy of mine. I said yes and held up the SNPA I was just about done with. He returns with this. :mellow: Pretty less then average brew. It smelled funny, and was not very drinkable. Fits perfectly in the macro lager catagory, meh.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
jlf278 (288) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - FEB 7, 2007
Quite refreshing. Drink it cold, it’s not supposed to be tasted. I had a few of these on vacation out of the fridge provided. Normally I refuse to drink canned beer, but it was free and within arms reach, so I had to try. Plus, I was in Mexico, so there was a certain charm about it. I would say this qualifies as actual beer, so don’t worry about trying it. It’s definitely drinkable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
faroeviking (10284) - FAROE ISLANDS - JAN 22, 2007
Bottle. Weak amber colour with a short white head. Aroma is a little bit sweet, hoppy slightly malty. Flavour is rather thin, some caramel malt, bit hoppy. Slightly bitter finish.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
eeblah (105) - Arizona, USA - JAN 19, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 17, 2012 Just a plain old refreshing beer. Best in the summer. After tasting most of the Mexican imports this one wins out in blind tasting. I like this way better than corona. Little bottle with foil top also makes it fun and brings it up a notch.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
sneagrams3 (2337) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JAN 17, 2007
12oz Can. They say cans are making a comeback with the advent of new technologies. What the hack, I’ll give it a shot. And really not much different than its clear glass counterpart. Filtered pale golden Mexican lager. Cereal grainy aroma. Similar taste. In a relative scale, one of my favorite Mexicans. But hey, I really dig on the cuisine so you gotta be authentic. Spicy food and the beach. A time and place for everything!

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
blinesam (235) - USA - JAN 11, 2007
I mean its really hard to tell this apart from corona or sol except it has a unique bottle and this has a little more flavor than corona and a little less than sol.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Beffrey2 (34) - Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, USA - JAN 7, 2007
(bottle)Tasted a lot like corona to me. Golden appearance. No desire to drink it again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
kimcgolf (872) - Dacula, Georgia, USA - DEC 31, 2006
A very light beer with little flavor or aroma. I had this with a slice of lime, while eating spicy Mexican food. It was thirst-quenching, and helped put out the fire, but not much beyond that. A typical Mexican beer.....best enjoyed very cold with lime or lemon.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
jetzler (622) - oklahoma city, Oklahoma, USA - DEC 16, 2006
Can cold, a little darker in color than I expected, plenty of corn, and boring malts, no hops to speak of, blah, blah, blah.