overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
Mxico DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 1056   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.96   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
Modelo Especial, a pilsener type beer, was introduced to the market in 1966. Today it is sold in glass bottles as well as cans, which are having an increasing demand due to consumer preferences, making Modelo Especial the leader in the can segment in Mexico.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
Suttree (4903) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 8, 2005
Bottle. Well, I was at my local bottle shop and saw this was on the singles shelf for cheap. Id never rated it, and hey, it was close to Cinco de Mayo. "Why not?", I asked myself. Im not a snob, and it could be OK. (hint: its not). I mean, a well made pilsener can be quite refreshing (another hint: its neither well made nor a pilsener). Enough justifying the purchase. Let me get to the meat of my review: This beer is yucky.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
bsawatzky (153) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 7, 2005
another crappy mexican beer. the pale lager evidently doesnt suite me and this is no exception. the addiction of lime helps it a little.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
FROTHINGSLOSH (4547) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 5, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 26, 2007 This is a new beer to me and will remain a stranger. Sampled from a 12 oz clear bottle this beer poured a medium golden color with a small white head. The aroma is skunky and vegetal. The flavor is skunky and vegetal as well.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
hezron (609) - Viroqua, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 5, 2005
Cinco de Mayo so its time to break out a Mexican beer. This one poured pale yellow with a white head. Just like almost every other pale lager I have ever had. Why bother saying it anymore? Nice refreshing skunk and citrus aroma. Simple taste with a hint of malt, less skunk in the flavor than in the aroma. Im not even going to describe the palate... just think, "Pale Lager."

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
IMtheOptimator (1161) - Bethel, Connecticut, USA - MAY 5, 2005
Poured an effervescent yellow with an offwhite head. Light aroma of corn and hops. Taste is smooth corn with very little hop bitterness and a smooth finish. Nothing distasteful... actually, not much at all. I certainly couldnt find anything special in "especial".

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
MiP (13046) - Snderborg, DENMARK - MAY 4, 2005
Bottle (4.5%). Golden colour, small white head. Slightly citric flavour. OK body. Not too bad for a boring pils.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
donrajin (233) - Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, USA - MAY 3, 2005
Mexican swill. Plain and simple. There is no real difference from this or any of your other Anheuser Bush products. Light coloured, no tasting, overpriced Mexican swill.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
georgekillian (344) - Alabama, USA - MAY 3, 2005
this mexican beer is total crap, it is worse than a corona or dos equis. This is terrible if you are going to have a modelo have a negra modelo, not this crap

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
ThomasE (5176) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - MAY 2, 2005
Nice golden colour with a fast disappearing white head. Sweet malty aroma with a light bitterness. Boring thin and watery taste, no freshness.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Hawksfan17 (890) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 24, 2005
I had this with some Mexican food and it was quite tasty. It cost me almost $5 I think I got ripped off, but oh well. I could not smell it because they put a lime in it and it messed it up, so that number is a little thrown off. I think it tasted nice and malty, but then weakened in my mouth. Went down smooth and looked gold. Nothing much to it, but not bad.