overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 1092   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.97   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Modelo Especial, a pilsener type beer, was introduced to the market in 1966. Today it is sold in glass bottles as well as cans, which are having an increasing demand due to consumer preferences, making Modelo Especial the leader in the can segment in Mexico.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
brewrater (92) - akron, Ohio, USA - NOV 19, 2004
Better than than their stable mate Corona (LIME?!) but nowhere near Negra Modelo. This is what the big 3 in the US could be if they tried even a little bit. Average flavor and balance. Nothing memorable.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
surfmurf (85) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 17, 2004
Disappointing overall considering I liked the Negra. the bottle was the best ofthis. Very plain is all I can say to describe it.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
dp (608) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - NOV 14, 2004
At a resort in Cancun all they had was this or Corona. Better than Corona, had it here in the states, not as good as I remembered, probably because I only drank one versus who knows how many.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Tejas (872) - Dallas, Texas, USA - NOV 8, 2004
Very unimpressive. No aroma and no flavor. Glad I only bought a single b/c at $8.30 a sixer this is severely overpriced. Best thing I can say for this one is "it’s cold & refreshing".

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
argo0 (11535) - Washington DC, USA - NOV 7, 2004
Clear golden/amber body topped by medium off-white head. Aroma is medium sweet, grain, some bread. Taste is medium sweet, grain, some bread, light caramel. As usual for Mexican beers, no bitterness. Light-medium body. All told, with the qualifier that Modelo is a mainstream Mexican beer, not bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - OCT 30, 2004
Fairly hazy golden hue, moderate head formation. Grainy, malt aroma. All malt palate, sweet, grainy, mildly bitter finish. Swill but drinkable.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
pjk33 (389) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 26, 2004
Bottle, Can. The first time that I tried this was at a restaurant called "La Fogata" (the campfire) in Kitty Hawk or the Outer banks of North Carolina. I asked the obviously hispanic waiter what beer he would drink and he brought me an ice cold Modelo Especial that he proceeded to squeeze a fresh lime onto the top of before I opened. I cracked that baby open and he said "I sure wish it was quitting time.. that first drink is the best". He was right. Not a lot of new ground covered with this one, but I do like to grab one when it is hot as hell out, or if I am eating spicy Mexican food. It could be nostagia or maybe I just like the sweet malty taste while eating hot food...

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
cAPSLOCK (155) - Dallas, Texas, USA - OCT 22, 2004
Bleah... Blah. Not much to it. This is a typical Norte American light beer. Not much head, pale orange color, little aroma, little flavor. Light malts, very light hops, metallic finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Nekronos (3633) - Xalapa, MEXICO - OCT 16, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 30, 2006 I grew with this beer!, My dad gave me a little of this beer and Tecate since I was a baby, he says a walked the first time after try it. Blonde, nice flavor, good while hanging in the beach.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
dberger624 (1028) - Phila, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 23, 2004
Bottled. Easy drinking non offensive chugging beer. Better than Corona. Goes good with chili.