overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 1097   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.97   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Modelo Especial, a pilsener type beer, was introduced to the market in 1966. Today it is sold in glass bottles as well as cans, which are having an increasing demand due to consumer preferences, making Modelo Especial the leader in the can segment in Mexico.

intel99 (4) - the hidden chamber, Illinois, USA - SEP 25, 2001 does not count
its sweet singing to my tastees. the rounded lip make me feel like im making out with the virgin mary. lime works lovely in the mix. me and heron drink this s..t in twelves.---intel

HoodlumRM (2) - Los Angeles, California, USA - OCT 26, 2008 does not count
UPDATED: DEC 4, 2008 Love the taste and aroma. Best beer I have every tasted. VIVA MEXICO!!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
dasilentman314 (1) - Missouri, USA - MAY 14, 2011 does not count
Modelo is a good mexican beer that taste excellent with lime and salt, has to be from a good store and chilled at the right temp.-If not it can be skunked and not taste as good. My opinion is that a Modelo will always taste better in Mexico.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
NOSHOWJONES99 (22) - USA - FEB 2, 2002
good all around mexican beer and what

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
TBonePickens (1) - Amherst, Ohio, USA - JUN 2, 2012 does not count
I would never had had this beer, but I needed to grab something cold at the store to have one with a friend. Man. This beer was crisp, with no funny weird taste that others try to pass of as ’malty’ or ’hopsy’ . I was able to drink this beer with ease, so much so that I didn’t realized I had downed 3 in an hour. Yet, like a great wine in Italy, I didn’t feel drunk. What a beer. Try it!!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
zygomatic99 (17) - Little Rock, Arkansas, USA - FEB 3, 2002
Very pleasant Mexican pilsner. A great hot weather beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
run20six2 (119) - USA - DEC 5, 2003
Good beer. Tastes like a darker corona. Nice appearence. PRobably be nice with a lime

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
wildbillvms (41) - , Illinois, USA - DEC 22, 2009
Ok, this beer came up in a discussion with a co-worker who goes to Mexico YEARLY... He says Modelo is the best, Corona is the Busch of Mexican beers? So I decided to try it.... 1st was in a 24 oz. can, It was decent , but.... I had to try it in a Bottle to rate it ! My 1st bottle , had that " I’ve tasted this before" taste ? I think what is was is Pilsner Urquell watered down? Or if Urquell were to make a light pilsner? I thought it was very good tasting , little fizz , light aroma , hoppy but mellow ! Very little aftertaste ... 6% ABV this would replace my Hornsby’s but not my Steel Reserve ! I would buy this a lot more often , but the price is the Biggest turn - off for me , about this Cerveza !

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
HopTsing (428) - Sandston, Virginia, USA - MAR 25, 2012
From the can poured a golden brew with a white head. Well balanced aromas an flavors of malt and hop with a hint of honey.Medium bodied and good when very cold.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Fatehunter (1274) - Corbett, Oregon, USA - MAY 30, 2012
Poured into a pint glass. Light straw color with a half inch of head that quickly disappeared to just covering the surface. Fairly fragrant for its style. Lots of honeysuckle... actually only honeysuckle, but still nice. The taste is hard to pin down. Smooth with a slight honey flavor midway through. The taste is "refreshing" without any bite. Light towards medium body with moderate carbonation. Crisp and clean. One of the top beers for its style. Smooth and easy drinking, plus it smells good.