overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Low Alcohol
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 88   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.36/5   EST. CALORIES: 15   ABV: 0.5%
Molson Exel is brewed in small batches, using 100% Canadian barley malt, choice North American hops, and crystal clear water. Together with Molson's prized lager yeast and a special, low- temperature fermentation process, we achieve a non-alcoholic beer which retains full flavour and aroma of traditional Canadian beers. Molson retains a patent on the brewing process to make Exel.

Cutlass' rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Cutlass (51) - Galloway, Ohio, USA - MAR 10, 2005
Medical problems force my dad to drink mostly NA beer, so I tried one. Looks pretty good, with a clear golden color and nice head. Flavor is kind of bland and watery though, but overall it’s a pretty convincing NA beer. I’ve drank real beer with less flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
PictouRx (168) - Ontario, CANADA - AUG 12, 2016
Well I decided to go light for a bit and what better way than to sample some non alcoholic brews. Only case at the grocery store left was this stuff. Surprisingly it is ok; I was expecting to be horrid. Clear straw color, little CO2 head dissipates quickly. Light on the hops, has grassy notes, very thin, some maltiness to it. For a thirst quench and beer without kick, its ok.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
KansaiBeerLvrs (4589) - Kyoto, JAPAN - AUG 5, 2016
Sip from my a Dad's, sweet grainy malts that as he said tastes like a regular beer. Which as he meant macro beer he's right but it isn't something all that interesting. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
wolffish (540) - Saint-Donat, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 7, 2016
Version canette...Ça sent l’orge, le miel et le maïs. Le goût est pas si mal au début mais quand le maïs sucré embarque, je décroche...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
mabel (8640) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 2, 2015
[7379-20150711] Can. Skunky sweet straw base aroma. Clear, yellow body with a quick bubbly white head. More straw grains and grass in the flavour with a skunky undertone. Light-medium body. Poor. (3/2/3/2/7) 1.7
(c/o tuqueboy)

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
RD400F (226) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 31, 2014
My second Low Alcohol rate, these beers are interesting in their own right since you don’t have alcohol potentially skewing the rating and I find these don’t taste as bad as some people say. Can to pint glass, the beer pours a clear gold with a bright white head which fades to a modest top that leaves some lacing. Aroma is biscuit, fresh malt, crackers, and some cut grass but has an odd buttery smell as well. It almost smells like wort in a mash tun. Taste is cereal/malty with a pinch of sour/bitter leading to a grassy finish. The hops are well in the background; the beer is more malt forward. Palate is very thin and watery and the CO2 doesn’t stick around long. It is quite thirst quenching though. Overall this is surprising coming from Molson, but compared to the President’s Choice Blonde Brew, this isn’t as good. I think the beer needs more hop flavour.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
REALMAN (1) - Ontario, CANADA - FEB 8, 2014 does not count
Ive tried quiet a few non alcoholic beers...and moslons has it right...besides i grew up on molson flavour and like a good wine or wiskey...it suits the pallet well...... It has its place in the beer line up....as well its easy on the pocket book !!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
daniel0017 (441) - Yukon, CANADA - NOV 9, 2013
UPDATED: SEP 30, 2015 bright golden yellow with bubbly head. Grainy, lively scent with bready notes. flavor is well balanced yet aftertaste is a little sweet. Lively mf. its actually a good drink paired with food.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Metalchopz (3073) - Cantley, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 28, 2013
Purchased a 12-pack, on special, at a Metro store in Ontario. It was the smallest amount I could find. Use to sell this at the convenient store I worked as a kid, 20 years ago. Light golden with big bubble carbonation. The head is pretty decent for such a brew: frothy, bubbly, white, average retention and patchy lace. Malty nose at first pour with some mild honey and adjuncts coming later. The light honey and grain is what also appears in the taste. Nothing really offensive here, so this is a decent alternative to those who cannot have alcohol, but want a beer. Better colour than Busch beers that have way more alcohol content.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
bulldogops (2250) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 5, 2013
Ah. 0.5% grocery store beers. Takes me back to my deranged childhood where 3 of us 12 year old neerdowells purchased 2-24s of these, and deduced that we could get drunk by pounding 15-20 of these. The result was well-watered fir trees in a public park. Oh yeah, you want me to rate this. Watery blue. Points for colour.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
MisterEnglish (1) - Scarborough, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 25, 2013 does not count
I prefer Molson ’Coors Light.,’ which is my choice when I go out to dinner (not often these-days). However, as I’m none too fond of water during the day to keep me hydrated, for some years I have been drinking a mixture of Molson Excel and Ginger Ale, consisting of a can of Excel, to which I add approximately 125 mils of ginger ale, to produce something a little similar in flavour to the UK’s Ginger Beer Shandy (which consists of 50/50 Bitter Ale and Ginger Beer): an extremely refreshing drink in hot sunny weather in England (from whence I came to Canada), which, unfortunately, was not a frequent weather occurrence. I have an average of three glasses of this each day, along with a cup of morning coffee and one or two cups of English style black tea, and I enjoy it.