overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Pale Lager
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 170   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.21/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
At Pilsner we have not changed since our beer was 1st brewed in 1926. Why? Itís right there on the bottleÖ. "old style". Those are more than just words on a beloved label. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner from being a fad. And thatís why our advertising, promotions and even our website have been done in the style of 1926- old style. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner form being a fad. The stagecoach on the label is not a band wagon..... the rabbit would not stand for it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
OntBeerDrinker (515) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 6, 2013
Big soapy head. Right away lots of carbination and within few seconds slowly and veary little left. Looks like a little watery pale lager. Smell is typical macro lager smell and a little apple. Taste is a typical macro lager with mabye a tiny little hop taste noticed and mabye a little smoother. Nothing good or bad. Something that seems work drinking to refresh on hot day or just try out. cheerís.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
smmaaren (554) - NORWAY - JAN 25, 2013
341 ml bottle from a "gentlemans" club i Toronto. Nothing special about this one, pretty ordinary. OK thirstquencher.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Spab (3390) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 24, 2012
355 ml can at Spirit of Edmonton in Sheraton Centre (Toronto) basement. Pours a clear golden colour with average-sized white head. Aroma is weak and grainy. Flavour likewise though no off notes. Not good, for macro lager it relatively inoffensive.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
cards04 (2648) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - NOV 9, 2012
Molsons attempt at a pilsner, and you can tell. Pretty boring aromas and flavours...some grains and sweet hay...nothing that sets it apart from other macro-brew pilsners.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
af310310 (14) - - AUG 5, 2012
When I first saw this beer, I wasnít sure what to think. Old-timey bottles and cans, not too widespread where I am, but my uncle seemed to enjoy it, so I gave it a try with an open mind. To put it simply, not too shabby. Itís no award winner, but I can see why people like to drink this. Itís a different product for a cheap price. Good flavor and decent drinkability. Would take over Budweiser any day. If youíre looking for something a little different, but want to stay in the Pale Lager category of beers, this is worth a try.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
sweetpeej (1) - Alberta, CANADA - AUG 4, 2012 does not count
Thsi is a beautiful beer. It actually tastes like something. A cornicopia of flavours that both enchant and delight. Label is brillant! This is and always will be a classic Canadian beer. It tastes like Angelsí tears as they weep for joy. I have drank thousands of Pilís and I am never disappointed. In fact I am going to crack one right away and laugh at the bad reviews from beer snobs. Go suck on a Heini and leave the Pil to real beer drinkers!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
kliggerwar (143) - - JUL 18, 2012
UPDATED: AUG 4, 2012 My first beer and still one of my favorites. I compare all beers to this beer one way or another. Not just a generic beer like so many other canadian lagers such as Canadian, Kokanee, Blue, etc. Pilsner has a unique aftertaste which leaves you wanting another drink after every drink, I truly believe what separates it from all other Lagers. One word to decribe it would be Delicious. Best Cold but will do rodeo cool (warm, for all you havenít read "I Hope they Serve Beer in Hell" By Tucker Max). Great label, Best Label, You can spend hours looking at it loving your Beer and admiring how much effort was put into it to make a perfect label to match the perfect beer. It will always stick out as one of the best. It is also a great beer to offer to people from other countries they usually quite like it or should I say love it. Best out of a Bottle but still good in a can. Oh ya screw the hoity toity people who swear drinking beers is better out of glasses. Pilsner drinkers enjoy it straight from the bottle because thats the way god intended it. Go Riders Go. Win or Lose its Pilsner Season.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
lessthanalex (1) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JUN 16, 2012 does not count
Very Smooth, easy drinking beer. Good for hot days after yard work. Serve ice cold for best taste.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
tguns11 (4) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JUN 9, 2012 does not count
This beer sucks. Their is nothing special about it aside from the cool label. I notice it gives a headache in the morning even after drinking a couple. Even though this beer is quite popular in Saskatchewan, to me its the beer that sits in the back of your fridge and you offer to your guests only when their is nothing else to drink.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
bcBelgianbrew (115) - , British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 1, 2012
I havenít had an Old Style in quite some time. On a golf course near where this beer began, in Lethbridge, Alberta. Why is it Saskatchewanís unofficial provincial beer when it began in Southern AB? Nice hops on the finish. Or was it wheat? Is that a hint of urine? Thatís about it. I commented to my companions it tasted watery. They werenít sure what I meant b/c the expression on my face was pleasant. I was enjoying it for nostalgic reasons. If itís cheap and hot out, why not. As good as any other mass produced swill. You need to drink a lot of it to be satisfied. The label is awesome.