overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Pale Lager
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 145   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.18   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
At Pilsner we have not changed since our beer was 1st brewed in 1926. Why? It’s right there on the bottle…. "old style". Those are more than just words on a beloved label. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner from being a fad. And that’s why our advertising, promotions and even our website have been done in the style of 1926- old style. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner form being a fad. The stagecoach on the label is not a band wagon..... the rabbit would not stand for it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
mnurda (1177) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JAN 17, 2011
I have to agree with the most recent eaters. This is not as bad as. Expected. I haven had one n a while and could see drinking a few on a hot day

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jagooar (18) - British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 10, 2011
Listen up you beer snobs with your cask-aged ales and such. I love old style pilly! But you’re all sorta right. It stinks, it’s colour is off-putting, and the flavours don’t dance on the palate as some of you fairies would prefer. But hear ye, this beer is good. You can put ’em back with little effort and they don’t taste bad (in fact they don’t taste much at all... beside the point). Refreshing, smooth, and the most decent tasting of the cheap stuff. So to every man who enjoys this stuff and has maybe taken a tongue lashing from a beer snob, I salute you. This is not a beer you only have one of. And even if it’s not the best according to the "experienced beer drinker", I will never be ashamed to love it. Drinkability and refreshment deserve a lot more credit. So is it a pint of the finest heavy stout or a can of ice cold old style? You tell me after a day in the hot sun.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Hammy78 (818) - Dundas, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 12, 2010
I rated this beer high simply because I love to have it whenever I can get my hands on it. I just love doing shot guns with Terry and Deaner.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
sinkhole (263) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 3, 2010
Bottle. Pours a clear golden with an above average white head. Aromas of barley, hops and malts. Taste is crisp, a good blend of the sweeter malt and the bitter hop/wheat. A very nice mass brewed Pil.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
DeanF (1746) - Nunavut, CANADA - SEP 2, 2010
This beer always appears at house parties and it screams "too cheap to buy something that doesn’t taste like crap" to whomever bought it. Sour and foul, a lot like urine, way too yellow even for a Pils. Naturally these should be "shotgunned" rather than poured in a glass to enjoy the proper experience!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
drougkolya (276) - Otterburn Park, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 28, 2010
Bonne bière que j’ai dégusté à Vancouver lors d’un voyage d’affaire. Dommage qu’elle soit pas disponible au Québec.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
rosenbergh (7787) - Tampere, FINLAND - JUL 27, 2010
Draught at Whistle Stop Pub, Jasper, AB, Canada.
Clear pale golden colour with tiny white head. Weak soda-like sweetness and some fruity bitterness in aroma. Mild grassy hoppy flavour with some soda-like sweetness and slightly stale malt. Quite fizzy.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
HermanW (1043) - Coevorden, NETHERLANDS - APR 7, 2010
0,3 liter bottle. Een beetje onder de mat bier.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
MeadMe (1384) - Riverview, Florida, USA - FEB 13, 2010
A: Pale yellow with a small fizzy head. S: Corn bread, honey, and light grass. T: Very grainy, overly sweet with a bit of bitter herbal grass. M: Light in body, fizzy, meh.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
TheHulk (486) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 3, 2010
Vitamin P! how did I rate 180 beers before this one?!?!? Smells skunky but only while the head remains (not long) then it doesn’t really smell at all. Or maybe I drank some and just can’t smell it now. I remember this is particularly stinky beer when others are drinking it and your not... Clear and yellowish, not much colour, head only on pour, not much lacing. This one is actually better out of the bottle than in a glass. Clear and ’crisp’, not much for palate. Extra points for being the best domestic macro-brew, and a part of many wild evenings...