overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Pale Lager
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 145   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.18   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
At Pilsner we have not changed since our beer was 1st brewed in 1926. Why? It’s right there on the bottle…. "old style". Those are more than just words on a beloved label. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner from being a fad. And that’s why our advertising, promotions and even our website have been done in the style of 1926- old style. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner form being a fad. The stagecoach on the label is not a band wagon..... the rabbit would not stand for it.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
TheDoctor (67) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - AUG 20, 2009
UPDATED: NOV 25, 2009 this is party beer. This is for when you want to drink and everyone else is drinking and the only other beers in the place are even worse.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
bulldogops (1111) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - AUG 4, 2009
UPDATED: JUL 5, 2013 SASKATCHEWAN! Beer of Rider fans.Bottle. 5%. Glad to see this is appropriately categorized as it is as much a Pilsner as Bud Light Lime. Very plain tasting pale yellow lager, aroma is very grainy, hint of corn. Refreshing, but that’s it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
TaktikMTL (6352) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 27, 2009
Canette de 473 ml achetée chez ANBL (Caraquet, N-B). Arôme: Légère odeur d’agrumes avec une pointe de céréales. Apparence: La couleur est dorée avec une très faible densité de bulle. Présence d’un mince col mousseux et d’une fine dentelle sur le verre. Saveur: Goût d’houblons avec une pointe de céréales. Durée moyenne de l’arrière goût. Palette: Le corps est moyen avec une texture légèrement minérale. Moyenne effervescence en bouche. Arrière goût légèrement houblonné. (Rating #2517)

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Cavie (4005) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - JUL 17, 2009
Very little aroma. Taste is extremely limited. Small bitter taste on the finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MrRoss (646) - Delta, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 15, 2009
This might well be the first beer I ever tasted, back in the 1950’s (thanks, Dad!). How many years since I’ve had one of these - at least thirty(30). The head is big and white, but doesn’t stay long. Aroma is moderately hopped, and not so bad. Colour is sort of a urine-like gold. Taste is better than I remember, and is rather drinkable for a macro-swill. Mouthfeel might be a bit thin, but the aftertaste more than makes up for that shortcoming. Glad I ’rediscovered’ this beer; I’ll have it again. Bonus - I can get this on tap at my local Royal Canadian Legion branch!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
coldbrewky (1492) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - JUL 11, 2009
Can purchased in Baddeck liquor and beer store. Thin murky yellow with thin cover of silverish grey head. Fizzy. Stinky socks and wet grain. Drain pour.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Savvy1982 (1705) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 8, 2009
Bottle. Pours typical macro-yellow, with a thick foamy head that quickly goes away. All as normal, but this one actually laces out of bottle. Didn’t think Molsons had it in them. Nose is light, spicy citrus, plus loads of corn and grain. Palate is sweet, corny (creamed corn), kinda reminds me of a really poor Blonde Ale, as opposed to an above average Pale Lager. Surprised actually at how nice this is, expected much less.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
VertBaconStrips (2151) - Asshat, Alberta, CANADA - JUN 26, 2009
500th review had to be Pil! This is the defining beer of my liver pulverizing lifestyle. The beer that started it all. Almost everything I can think of has been done in the company of Pilsner. Reviewed right out of the bottle. I never pour this in a glass and never will. One of the rare beers that I want ice cold every time. It does blow when warm, of course. If you do dump it into a glass or a plastic cup or the famous chicken tube or a rubber boot or into a cardboard box or onto the ground you’ll find it to be a bit darker than the standard pale lager but not much different than any mass produced brew. The aroma is grainy and a bit sweet... but don’t waste time analyzing this stuff and just drink it up and enjoy. That’s why it’s taken this long to actually review it cause I just want to drink without thinking. Taste is great! Not that different than the aroma but better. The taste of a million memories. Goes down smooth sometimes but not in big gulps. Ample carbonation and a mild bitter finish that ties in with the standard malts. Dammit, I love Pilsner. I got a 150 beers at my disposal and I still reach for the Pil in a lot of cases. Stupid family drinks this too... it’s everywhere! No, it is not better than other beers I’ve rated in the same range but this is a fav of mine and I go by style and nothing compares to this for pure enjoyment. I’m never not satisfied by a bottle of Pil. 8 and a half Chernobal forehead thumbs up!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Cirrhosis (1252) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JUN 2, 2009
Ah what can be said about the only beer brewed by Molson that’s worth drinking. For starters despite what 99% of people think this beer is not called "Pilsner" it called "Old Style" this is a big pet peeve of mine even though i my self call it pil. For the low cost of 17 bucks for 12 bottles you get a great value, this beer is refreshing, clean tasting, matches your john deer hat, and you can get wasted for cheap. A other great quality of Pil is if you ever find your self with out a Halloween costume you can stuff all 12 bottles in your pockets and where the empty box on your head and walla your a retard with a box on your head true story happened to a friend of a friend of mine. But back to the beer, it just plain and simply is one of my most favorite beers to drink, I’m not sure if the memories i have of it or the taste I just find my way back to it when i don’t feel like drinking the heavenly ales of monks. DRINK PIL IT IS GOOD DAMIT!!!!!!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
kuphish (381) - Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA - MAY 9, 2009
Poured a sickly, pale yellow body with a fizzy white head. Smells of funky hops, pilsner malt, cereal and a fair amount of adjunct cutting the malt. Taste is the same. Thin, body with overly aggressive carbonation. Fairly clean, mildly bitter finish. Overall a pretty bad beer whose only home should be a softball field on a hot summer day.