Molson OV
     click to upload
overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Pale Lager
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 94   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A mainstream lager with a moderate hop character and a slightly sweet, fruity refreshing aroma and taste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
piscator34 (2198) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - AUG 29, 2005
Canned sample. Very pale yellow in colour with lots of carbonation. Very fizzy indeed. Little aroma, but perhaps there’s just a bit of corny-malt and alcohol. The body was painfully thin. Some light fruit (maybe apple) flavor was evident, as well as the slightest hint of some earthy hops. Slightly better than expected, and much better than theother option of malt liquor I was offered at my mother-in-law’s house.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
beanmedic (347) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 22, 2005
I had a bottle of this after having a bottle of Molson Export. After drinking the export, I noticed that OV has absolutely no taste. And Export is pretty crappy. I hate rating macro crap.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Kuey (30) - Windsor, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 22, 2005
Good Canadian style beer. good flavour, good appearance, good pallet, no bad aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
campat (7) - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA - MAR 17, 2005 does not count
It pours a good head that doesn’t last for awhile. It tastes like an aged lager but it is inoffencive. Would buy if had an OV light.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
iambeer (255) - Ontario, CANADA - MAR 3, 2005
A smooth acompaniment to a Bali dish, quite good. To agree with leedsfan, it seemed to be more popular in the ol’days. Not bad still.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
leedsfan (15) - CANADA - JAN 19, 2005
I finally got around to trying this beer - not nearly as bad as I’d been led to believe. It does go down easy, but has nothing really to recommend it - quite forgettable really. Has really fallen off the radar, I can see why.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
Gorbalev (3000) - Ontario, CANADA - DEC 31, 2004
Yep, I knew I would get in a macro or two during the holidays back home in rural Eastern Ontario. Best bottle available at the local Legion on Pool night. Yellow pour, but slightly darker than its Molbatts cousins. Not really any aroma to speak off, other than expected grassy characteristics. Thin mouthfeel but there was some malty-sweetness in here that surprised me. Rough macro finish - hop character????? No. At least it was bought for me and it wasn’t that awful, especially compared to what was there.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
LiamPatrick16 (124) - Montgomery, New York, USA - AUG 28, 2004
skunky aroma only what you can expect from molson. suprisingly smooth but tasted very watered down. lacing on glass. not much to talk about.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
dirkules (629) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 26, 2004
Probably the first beer I tried when I was a child... stored in my father’s cellar in the old stubby bottles... dusty and a bitter, flat, overaged mess by the time I got around to it (probably about a decade after it was purchased) but a recent venture brought it back to life. Not as bad as I remembered, but probably not as good as carling.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
Crockett (1054) - Southampton,Ontario, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 24, 2004
Draft pour. Clear and light gold with a tiny sudsy soap head. Aroma is mildly hop, grassy floral and grainy Crisp and clean, not much flavour. Lots of carbonation. Light toast and malt. Dull dry finish.